Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Pawan,

Try to look at this blog.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/splitMappingusing+UDF

It is an example of UDF-usage. For more basic questions Search forum and sap-help. You will definitely get lots of details.

Regards

Arpil

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 how i call any scenerio from any udf?

You can use JCO to call an external function module

2 how i attach any UDF to an scenerio?

In the mapping editor select User Defined function and create a new function and write Java code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. how i call any scenerio from any udf?

By using UDF we perform some tasks by using java code, that is not possible by standard functions of XI. But UDF can't call the scenario.

2. how i attach any UDF to an scenerio?

Go to the mapping editor besides the mappings list box one button there, by clicking on that we can create the UDFs, after write the java code according to our requirement.

UDFs are not reusable in PI7.0, so for every scenarion we can create the UDFs manually.

After create the UDF we can use that function like the other functions.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) You can use UDF to perform task that is not possible by Graphical mapping.

Your UDF can send single output / ResultList output or even used to trigger an alert by raising the smart exception.

2) You can create an UDF by clicking the Button in left bottom 'Create New Function'

whenever You click functions->User Defined->Get the list.

Your UDF can have Container/ Global Container to cache the values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use UDF in mapping for Transformations. when ever the requirement is not possible by standard functions given in Graphical mapping, then we use UDF by writting the java code to achieve the requirement

REgards

Seshagiri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UDF is used to perform field level mapping fucntionality. Why is ur requirement of calling whole scenario from udf?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You will use the udf in the mapping , you can call the scenario by udf , u will use the udf in MM and the when the mapping will execute ur udf will execute.

Thanks

sudhir