cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search help for 2 fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing an ABAP Webdynpro application with a main view that acts as a data input screen. In this screen there are 2 fields ID & Description of which ID is display only. I need to give a search help functionality for the Description field such that on selection of a record, both the ID and Description need to be filled up.

I created a Search view to list the records in the table and am passing the selected row as a parameter to the outound plug. In the handler for the inbound plug of the main view, I have declared an importing parameter to hold the selected row. Both parameters are of the same type.But I am getting the following error when navigating from the outbound plug of the Search view to the inbound plug of the Main View.

Der Parameter SELECTED_AREA enthält einen ungültigen Wert

I am not sure on how to proceed. Firstly, is it right to use a separate view for the search functionality? And how do we pass the selected recordback to the main view?

Regds

Thiru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thiruvengadam........

the best way is to have the attribute in the component controller... and use it globally so that you can access it from any view.......

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had earlier thought of the same solution that Justin has propesed. ie., by using a global node in the component controller and declaring get & set methods for it.

I was thinking if there was any better solution to this. Search help cannot be used since I need to return 2 values. So I have used a global node in the Component controller to pass the 2 fields from the search view to the main view.

Regds

Thiru

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Declare node in component controller and use the node in the main view table , and the same node should be used for other view to where the values should be passed.

First create the search help and attach it to the attribute.In on click enter write the action to fill ID and Description .

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

Muneesh Gitta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is a Data base table you are using to search help there is an option to enable the search help in the properties of the Attribute of the context.

OR

Design a PopUp view and navigate to the popup and by selecting the values , populate the values into the inputfileds.

Cheers,

Mahalakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its better to display the search results in the same view below the search criteria.

with regards

ajay