cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order Response in SRM 4.0 through XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

We are working on SRM 4.0. We are sending a PO from SRM to R/3 usng XI in xml format.

Now we want the Purchase Order Response in SRM from R/3 through XI. How can we achieve that?

We have used an RFC receiver Adapter in XI to connect to SRM and we have mapped the ORDRSP IDoc to the PurchaseOrderConfirmation Message Type. But in the Message Monitoring of the RWB we are getting an error:

Exception caught by adapter framework: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was

Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was .

How to resolve this?

In which format does this PO response should be sent to SRM and How to send this?

Thanks in Advance....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not need the RFC adapter to post a po response in SRM. You should use the XI proxy framework. If you have loaded SRM server 5.0 XI content into your repository, then the correct proxy interface would be PurchaseOrderConfimation_In. The receiver comm channel should be of type XI 3.0 not RFC

Hope this helps.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Thanks for the Response

But Chris, I have some doubts regarding this.

What is XI proxy Framework?

I think the Proxy Framework consists of the Proxy Generator and the Proxy Runtime. The Proxy Framework for ABAP (generator and runtime) is part of the SAP Web Application Server and no specific installation is needed.

Is the same as XI Framework?

Dont we require any mapping? Because Iam getting the Sales Order details through ORDRSP IDoc fron the Vendor. So in order to transfer the data to SRM I require the mapping.

Please Respond Immediately....

Thanks in Advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

well... this thread was from some years ago but i am experiencing now the same problem:

srm receiving order response from XI. i had mapped OrderResponse to IDoc ORDRSP before, but now as explained up there, with SRM we get this class with an INPUT structure for the purchase_order_confirmation_in. but i dont get any documentation of this structure. how can i map this to EDIFACT/IBX? or is it unnecessary?

thank you.