cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definition of Responsibility for the document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There ,

In the Document Data tab there is User & Lab/Office field. Can we control the authorization based on the Lab/Office field also if we maintain this data for the users when we maintain the users in SAP....

In other words I want that any one from a particular dept have authorization for say QM01 document type...

Regrads

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

definitely u can make use of lab/office field to control authorization. As there is no standard authorization for lab/office, u need to create new auth. object for lab office with help of transaction code SU20 and SU21.

Go to SU20 transaction and define Z_DRAW_LAB in pacage CV, and from SU21, double click on CV then choose create new, select object which is created in SU20, select activities required, document types, and lab office in authorization fields.

Then Go to PFCG, select role where u want to add lab office as authorization, select manually and enter Z_DRAW_LAB and generate profile.

Award points if useful

Regards

sham

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the best way would be to use a standard DMS authorization object as Sham already suggested.

Please see also the DMS WIKI page https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/plm/caDMS-AuthorizationObjects which contains information on all available authorization objects for DMS and its functionality.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sham

I got your point as you have mentioned for activity type & document type.

Can you please help me...... I am not sure that what will be the authorization fiels for lab/office.......

Regards

Kaushik

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sham

I got your point as you have mentioned for activity type & document type.

Can you please help me...... I am not sure that what will be the authorization fiels for lab/office.......

Regards

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 Go to SU21 transaction and double click on CV( DMS)

2.Standard Authorization object will be appear for DMS, click on create new button(F5)

3.Enter object Z_DRAW_LAB

text- Auth for Lab

4. Enter following value in Authorization field

1.ACTVT - for activity

2. LABOR- For LAb

3. DOKAR- for Document type

5. Click on permitted activity to select the activities

6. Go to PFCG transaction, select role in which this auth object has to be entered, click on authorization tab, click on change authrization data button, select Document management system, click on MAnually button, now add newly created object(Z_DRAW_LAB), now that will be appear on ur DMS authorization object list with activity, document type and lab office

7. Finally click on Generate button to activate profile(F5)

IF u need further help plz feel free to ask

award points if useful

regards

sham