Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arabic language printing in smartforms and SAP scripts

Former Member

Dear All,

We are working on below system

SAP 4.7

WAS is 6.20

Unicode support.

Regarding the problem:

We want to print arabic language in smartforms and scripts. When we are in debug mode required variable contains Arabic text, but in printpreview it is showing in #######.

This is urgent, kindly do the needful to print it in Arabic.

Mallesh

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to print the TEXT.. then use the code

SY-LANGU = 'XX' (i do not remember the Arabik language key, i mean if english we use EN so that use for Arabik)

after assign the Language please write your text which is going to print in the output..

then reassign the Language if you want English... so that you can Print the languages...

even you can Print more than one languages in one Script assigning the language to the SY_LANGU field..

hope you understand this

Thanks

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

For Arabic language printing in smartforms, use trxn se63(Translation) for translating your smartform and activate it.

Also, check if the required configuration settings are made for printing arabic texts in smartform.

Regards,

Raj

Message was edited by: Rajasekhar Dinavahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj & Sudheer,

We tried all like below

01. se63 & se73 Transactions

02. Sy-langu

03. Creating the smartform in AR and running in English

04. Maintaining text modules in Smartforms

05. Text-pool reading

This printpreview comming in #####'s

I have doubt about the WAS 6.20 , it supports this or not.

Because Snote 587150, 689015 mentioning that WAS 6.40 required.

Kindly suggest us.

Sireesha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

If you have the provision for upgrading to WAS6.40, then go ahead and upgrade and check your output...

Guess, thats what is the hurdle...

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Before going to updated the Kernal, Is there any possibility to print in Arabic ( FONT support or external transaltors or extenal interfacer)

Regards,

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sireesha,

I have read your post, and I have a similiar issue, I have to print a smart form in arabic and english at the same time, I have solved it, but when I print the form in arabic (AR), the sentences en english come wrong. For example, If I´ve written PLEASE SEE OVERLEAF FOR TERMS OF BUSINESS the output I have got is OF BUSINESS PLEASE SEE OVERLEAF FOR TERMS, wich hasn´t sense, did you have the same trouble?, any ideas on how to solve it?

10xs

Gabriel

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also having problems in arabic printing .

I have resolved the other issues but the problem is when i try to print in both arabic and english . IF try to print arabic from english logon its reverses the characters in form and in reports its displays it correct but when goes to printing it reverses it.

Can any one solve this one.

0 Kudos

Well I have worked on UNICODE upgrade and able to resolve this kind of issues

May be you need to upgrade to UNICODE system to solve this problem

Award points for helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hello,

I had exactly what you are saying, and the only way to solve it was uploading the arabic as images and inserting them as a image in the smartform.

You can change the language in the control_parameters table before calling the smarform, but you will have to do everything in the form backwords, like if it a mirrow, we decided that it is too hard, and also when you have the text in english their output isnt correct, it outputs 30 chars correct and the it is a mess.

It is better and the best solution to upload as images. You can do it from word using font type 'Arabic Transparent' with the size 72, and then upload.

If you need anything else fell free to ask.

See ya

Gabriel Pulido,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sireesha,

Did u changed CODEPAGE NO, i am not sure how much this will help you, thought of informing you.

In the logon pad goto 'Properties' Button and 'Advanced', there you will find codepage no, which is now set to default change to required language and check.

Regards,

Venkat.

0 Kudos

Hi I found few SAP Note related to this porblem try implementing these. May be after implementing these note issue is resolved. I am still waiting for my basis team to implement these notes.

SAP Note : 999136,822632 and 951123

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a requirement to develop a check print in Taiwan Language.Can anybody help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have similar experience, tried out everything, so far not successful. We discussed this issue with SAP and printing vendors like Lexmark and HP. We got all the recommended printers and fonts. Unless proved we can assume that Unicode system with WAS 6.2 is not supporting printing in Arabic using Smartforms.

I heard the recent versions 6.4 support Arabic printing using smartforms <u><b>only in Arabic logon</b></u>. However there are still issues of combining languages like English and Arabic in the same form because of the righ to left and left to right nature.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cause of ##### problem is the field size you are writing in the smart from
make the field bigger or use smaller font and the arabic text will appear .

Regards,

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

when you use Arabic with SmartForms or SAPscript, make sure of the following:

1) Have a Unicode system (I believe you have one)

2) Use Arabic language key for the form (which means login in AR when you create the output/run an application program) The proper right-to-left layout only works when the active locale+language (SY-LANGU) is AR !

3) Use a device type for formatting/printing which supports Unicode + Arabic: SWINCF would be the device type of choice for printing (via SAPsprint Windows print server or via frontend printer attached to WinGUI PC). If you use standard LOCL printer, check in SPAD which device type is assigned to it. If it is SAPWIN/SWIN, have it changed to SWINCF; since the former do not support Arabic and you will always get ### instead.

Regards,

Alex

former_member573363
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am facing a problem with displaying the Arabic language in the technical names in the drop down menu in the PR and PO t-code pages ( me51n,52,53,54) (Me21n,22,23,29) and i dont know how to solve this issue please see the attached below image for more details.