Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Warranty counters ?

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please tell me how to define warranty counter.

I did the following:

1. created the master warranty thru t-code BGM1 - Create

2. defined warranty counter in configuration. (first created the characteristics and assigned these as counters)

3. under warranty tab of the equipment i have defined the warranty start date and assigned the master warranty.

But i am getting the warning message as: "No counters could be read for master warranty 00000000000000000031"

Please correct me where am doing wrong.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

while defining the warranty using BGM1 you have to specify the warranty counter specified in IMG to the material/service which is marked as inclusive indicator

regards

thyagarajan

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagarajan,

How to assign the warranty counter to the material or service specified in the master warranty.

Thanks for quick response.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

while defining warranty itself you have the tab page counter ,where you have to specify the counter defined in the IMG settings

regards

thyagarajan

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tyagarajan,

I have one more query:

Under warranty tab

I can define the warranty start date and master warranty number. But when i create the service notificaiton or order system doen not show the pop-up window for the warranty.

but when i define strat date and end date system show the message but then it does not allow to assign the master warranty.

Please suggest the solution.

Pankaj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

while defining the master warranty check whether you have marked the warranty as included then only system will perform the check

yes if you have assigned the start and end date then system will not allow you to enter the warranty no ,if you have specified the dates then it will act as master warranty

regards

thyagarajan

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tyagarajan,

Thanks for quick reply.

I have defined the indicator as Inclusive for the counter defined for the material.

but when i create the order system is still not showing the pop-message (which was earlier showing without master warranty counter i.e. with start and end dates)

Please help

Pankaj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

whether that warranty counter is time dependent or performance dependent ,if time dependent then check whether you have defined the periods correctly ,if it is performance related then at least one measuring document should exit

regards

thyagarajan

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to create the measurement document for the counter defined (performance based).

I tried with t-code: IK11, but system is showing the message measuring point does not exist.

Pankaj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you have defined the warranty counter in IMG settings ,with that warranty counter you have to create the measuring point for that equipment

regards

thyagarajan

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tyagarajan,

I created the measuring point for that equipment. And created one measurement doucment for the same meas. point.

Now the system is showing the pop up message for that equipment.

But still i have some doubts:

1. How that measuring point is related to that warranty counter ( i think thru characteristic -please correct me)

2. When i create the service order for that equipment how should i come to know that where the warranty is remained or not (or i have to update the measurement counter with the present reading).

Thanks & Regards

Pankaj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

warranty counter is linked to measuring point through characteristic only ,

if it is performance related the you have to update the measurement document

regards

thyagarajan

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagarajan

Very Thanks for quick reply.

Regards

Pankaj

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagarajan,

could you help me on DIP profile.

I am facing problem in creating quotation from service order.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

iam not that much familiar with CS , an you refer the following link and compare the settings you have made

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/94/90b45a9e1411d189b70000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

regards

thyagarajan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to have an equivelent counter associated with the equipment and this counter should have an initial reading entered for it. Otherwise the system cannot check if the warranty is valid or not.

(unless you are using a time based warranty).

-Paul

Please use the EAM forum for PM/CS specific topics