Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to provide a service connection?

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a problem to provide a service for one of our customers.

We built there a netweaver java landscape up which is a new technologie for this customer. The system is running on HP-UX.

Now they want us to provide a service to keep the system up and running. Normally we have the possibility to use VPN, Citrix and so on to get access to the systems in case of an failure, but here there is not the possibility to use one of these solutions.

The it-administration there can only provide a connection over the SAP Router (as it is used with OSS Connect). I don't really know the possibilities of service connections beside remote desktop and so on

So my question. Can you tell me possibilities how we could provide a service connection to the systems with the SAP Router?

Well, the access to the OS with an X-Window is essential, but I don't know how this can be established. The Solution Manager is used there, but I think they do not really know how to use it for service functions...I do not know either

I hope you can help me.

Kind regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First: Solman and Saprouter are two different things, you CAN use SolMan to open service connection but you still can use the classical way of opening them up in the SMP.

The SAPRouter is able to forward ICA/RDP protocol so you can nicely setup a "support server", put all needed programs on it and configure it in the OSS so the support can access that.

Check

701588 - Citrix Metaframe connection in the remote support

655502 - Windows Terminal Server - required applications for support

Markus

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your quick response. To make it clear: We don't want to open a service connection to SAP. We want to act as the service provider to one of our customers.

I think, we cannot access these settings, when the customer configures SAPRouter with the programs for OSS.

Kind regards,

Christian

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah - ok

> thanks for your quick response. To make it clear: We don't want to open a service connection to SAP. We want to act as the service provider to one of our customers.

>

> I think, we cannot access these settings, when the customer configures SAPRouter with the programs for OSS.

As far as I remember you will need a number of perl scripts on each workstation trying to access the customers systems and build a "tunnel" from the application of your host over the saprouter to the customers system. Some years ago those scripts were available on ftp.sap.com but since the sapservX vanished they are no more there.

Another way to provide/get OS access is to use things like Sun Secure Global Desktop (http://www.sun.com/software/products/sgd/index.jsp) or NoMachine (http://www.nomachine.com/) to access the X server of the customers system over a secure connection.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

now we won't establish a service connection to the server, instead we use a desktop sharing application (NTRSupport, Netviewer, Webex).

Regards,

Christian