cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error initializing database engine : error at console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am a newbie in MDM area .Recently i have installed MDM 5.5 ( SRM catalog) on my system with Oracle 9i(9.2) .My console, MDM server and Database are running on the same machine.

Every thing worked fine during installation .

When i am trying to check "DBMS settings" from console i am getting error "error initializing database engine" .

I saw this is a very common error in MDM, gone through few threads also but not able to correct the error.

Interesting part is i am able to connect to the database from other machine as well as from the same machine using the same user...via SQL prompt .

Kindly advice accordingly.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitesh,

I restarted the Oracle ....but still the same error..

Few questions :

1. I have only installed Oracle server in the machine, no oracle client at all . Is this is the issue as i am having MDM server, Oracle and Console on the same machine.

I read in few threads that if MDM server and console are in the same machine then installing oracle client is a must.

Kindly guide.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Try restarting your database server once and then use the MDM repository.Hope it will work.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitesh,

I am afraid i can't ..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to perform all other operations related to database like Creation of repository, Mounting and Unmounting etc? If yes then there is some issue with the user permissions.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja