cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding BI post installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed a SAP BI server. I have been told by my BI team that I need to define source systems in it. Also, I learnt that there are some BI related basis activities.

Can anyone please list out those??

regards, Sean.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

The major activity is setting up the BW Client. In BW there will be only 1 client works, so you need to make a new client and create logical name to that client, this is called logical system. This will be done by SALE, next thing is login to the new client chek RSA1 is working or not? This is DW workbench T code. If it's giving any error just search SDN with that error.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari.

I have already set the new BI client after a client copy. DW workbench works successfully. Now I need to define source system. If you could point me to any link to first understand what I'm doing and then carry on the activity would be helpfull.

thanks again, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

It's created in RSA1, goto RSA1->source systems-->BI, SAP..... It's depends what are the systems you are trying to connect? most of the time if you set the RFC in your BW client, functional consultant can take care of this source systems.

If you need to create , goto the above path select BI or SAP right click then select the RFC destination..

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SU01 - > Create 2 users (1 in R/3 and 1 in BW)

goto SM59 - > create 2 RFC destinations (1 in R/3 and 1 in BW)

Go to TCODE RSA1 - > Click on Source systems,

you will be able to see Suorce system in the right side, right click on the Source system -> Create - > select R/3 - > Select the RFC connection which you have created from BW from R/3 ->

and enter the passwords which u defined. select ok, when it ask for replicate -> OK

Let me know if you need any more help on BW-Basis.

Cheers,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Is your prob. solved?

Regards,

Hari.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos