cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on SRM MDM catalog 2.0. I m using MDM SP06 patch 2 version with SRM 5.0.

In this case I m importing data from flat file(access)

The data has been imported and enriched in MDM .

When i use the URL http://<J2EE server:port>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM i m getting an error "Connection to server failed".

How to solve this?

Do we really require XI (PI) in this case

Satisfactory answers will b rewarded points/

Thanks

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha Lalwani on May 13, 2008 11:11 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nisha,

You have to do some configuration in SRM side. you have to mention your external webservice in SPRO. Please check the below path in your SRM system. SAP Implementation Guide -> Supplier relationship management -> Master data -> Define external Webservices.

Under integrated call structure, add an entry with the details. Also please refer to how to docs and there is a good document under "SAP NetWeaver MDM – SRM Catalog – SRM – EBP Configuration".

Suresh.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The required SRM settings are already done .Even then I m getting the same error.

In the URL what is the J2ee server n port can anyone explain?

Thanks

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you see the SRM MDM architecture

MDM connects to SAP JAVA engine and in SRM system we give JAVA engine settings

since you are able to execute the URL http://<host>:<port>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

UI is already installed in you java system ask your basis guys to install patches to this componenets

host means : SAP j2ee server name

port : Java port

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hav a small doubt again is it the SAP WebAS or J2EE server?

and do i hav to deploy the .sca file that cums with MDM Sp0X content on the J2EE server?

Thanks

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

You can be deployed on any web server (SAP NW AS J2EE).

Like PI system etc.

Note: Using Software Deployment Manager of SAP NW AS J2EE installation, deploy the following files in listed order

1. SCA file with API and Connector (File :Name:MDMJAVAAPI05_2.sca)

2. SCA file for search and configuration UI

(File Name: SRMMDMCAT00_0.sca)

Please remember the deployment order of the SCA files.

Also check SAP Note: 1147103

Hope it Helps you,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nisha,

The files which you have deployed on the any J2ee Server must be compitable with your MDM Server version.

When you download the business content of SRM_MDM, you get all the files are to be deployed.

The error which you are getting only because of version mismatching b/w SRM_MDM and MDM Server.

for identifying the version for both, for which MDM Server version, we have to use the SRM_MDM Catalog, you can refer the SAP Note-1083126 for version mapping of SRM-MDM CATALOG 2.0.

and for SRM-MDM CATALOG 1.0 version, you can refer SAP NOTE-1082069

and these scar file, you can deploy on any web server (WAS 7.0 and above) by using SDM.

Hope this will clear your doubt.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I m working on SRM MDM catlog 2.0.I hav installed MDM components that come along with SRM MDM Catalog 2.0 business content.

MDM server version 5.5.41.70 .I m facing the same problem yet.

Hw do I check for the version compatibility?

Can you suggest me hw to solve it?

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had this problem then because of MDM server and webUI version difference. Please check in market place MDM UI compactability with MDM server version patch level

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The UI files has to be deployed on SRM or MDM server>I m not clear on that.Any prerequistes for that.?

thanks

Nisha