cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

related to stms

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, frnz

i am using 4.7 ides version for training purpose and learn transportation .facing some problem as after entering STMS t-code system ask me to config domain controllerand after doing so i create three virtul system dev, qal, pro. then set configration three system land scape ...that is ok but for transportation what shoul i do .......

means after that what shoul i do please tell me in step if any one can help me out.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what exactly is <SID> representing

when transportation is required & what are transport routes & layers.

What is common transport directory

which user is used for transportation & protocol

pls refer to help.sap.com

for a small hint

when we did some configurations in DEV that needs transported to QAS ,

so that is records u developed in DEV database u are transporting them in to QAS DB.

when your QAS & PRD installations are not physically existing we cannot move the transports like kaushal posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are having only single system. and other are virtual system so transport is not possible

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

kushal when it is possible .....when i try to create external system in replacement of virtual system then it ask path for that .....actually i want to learn transportation and i have single server......how come it is possoble.

if i arrenge two server then what should i do for that.....

one more thing in a single server we can transport between two different different client or not if yes then please tell me how..?

please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transport between two client is possible.

Use tcode SCC1 in target client.

SCC1

Source client -> client where request is created an released.

Transport Request -> Request

check including request subtask

click Start Immediately

if i arrange two server then what should i do for that.

If you arrange two server then you can configure one system as Domain controller and ADD the other system in this Domain controller then setup STMS for Two System landscape.

To setup two system landscape do following.

prerequisites:

-> set one system as domain controller. in your case it is DEV.

-> Add SAP QAS system to domain controller

you can add QAS system to domain controller using following steps.

login into QAS system client 000. ( stms is not configures that i assumed)

run stms -> it's ask for set up STMS -> click on other configurition (F6)

Target Host -> host name of domain controller ( host name of DEV system)

System number -> Instance number of domain controller ( instance number of DEV system)

now login into domain controller system in client 000 ( you are set DEV as domain controller)

run STMS -> overview -> transport routes

form configuration -> standard configuration -> two system in groups

assign SID of DEV and QAS system.

save and distribute the configuration.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

in my case i am having 2 system landscape, in development i have quality client so i need to transport a request from development 600 client to development 610 client and then move to production 700, so how can i create routes could you clear my doubt..

Regds

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As for my understanding if your DEV system contains 600 & 610

so if u are using 600 for developments & test it in 610 it will be a local copy of change request (scc1) like kaushal explained briefly

once the change requested is released it will be considered as transport request & where datafiles & co-files are released to common transport directory (CTD) hence transportation comes in to picture as u want them to import (datafiles & co-files) in to PRD (700) clnt

please make DIR_TRANS is set in both the systems where u want to set the CTD.

2 system landscape is a consolidate route & functionality of the Cross client customization is not guaranteed.

also check the consistency of transport

connection test, transport directory & transport tool.

hope to share some thoughts on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for ur kind information, is there any other way to do transports without using scc1, i mean while creating Transport Routes can we create customizing rout and transport route??

Regds.

Chandra