cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eligibility criteria for SAP - ABAP associate certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a S/W Engg.(6months exp in SAP-ABAP) in an Indian firm.

I want to take this certification: SAP Certified Development Associate - ABAP - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 because I'm on bench and have got no project.

From what I've gathered by googling, I've to take a course for about 2 months and then i'll be elligble for taking the certification exam or I've got to have an year's experience in a firm in the respective domain.

Now, can't I study on my own and take the above mentioned cert. exam.

How should I go about it. It's a little confusing for me.

It'd really be cool if someone throws even a little light on my topic.

Cheers.

shilpi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A few years ago I think you could take the exam on it's own - a good idea if you're paying yourself and worth a shot.

Kind regards

Ash Thomas

Sap Consultant

<a href=http://www.ashpeople.com>Ash People, Sap Consultants & Sap Consultancy</a>

<a href=http://www.ashpeople.com>www.ashpeople.com</a>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for certification u have go through siemens which is a 25 days course. and on 25 day u will b sitting for ur exam.. other than siemens one other company is also there for cert., u can search the google or contavt siemens for further clarification...

regards,

pritam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

As per the eligibility criteria for SAP certification either you attend classroom trainings provided by SAP or its afiiliated institute on SAP-ABAP or you should have two years of implementation experience.

No as per the criteira you can not appear in the exam by studying on your own. Either wait for till the time you complete the specified period in the company so that the organization will give the proof on your exp or you have to go for the classroom trainings.

Cheers.

Subhasha