cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how transmit HR personal changes or creation to XML third party application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How could I have any changes in HR employees data be forwarded to a third party application.

The application needs the basics info about employees, the maintenance of the data will be kept in SAP so the link should be only one way (except maybe a confirmation like "updated" or "added")

thx for your answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u have idocs available for it, then u may activate change pointers

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/12/83e03c19758e71e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I mean the picture of the employee that would be used for his personnal badge for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure IDOC can contain attachments (like GIF or binary object) but maybe it can contain a reference (URL) pointing to the picture. The target system will then have to use that url (with suitable credentials) to get (download) this pic

Chris

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Idoc don't support attachments

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does one of you know if it would be possible to export also the picture of the employee ? Provide evidently that it is stored in SAP !!!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If by picture, u mean some kind of attachment, then u ll have to use ABAP proxy with attachment. In this case Idoc can't be used

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I will need to check after the IDOC possible, but as it seems I need only basic data like title, first/last name, birthdate, Personal number, address,... I think ther should be something. I might maybe have more trouble for the information linking the employees to cost centers.

thx for your explanation, they helped me to understand how to go further!

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx for the info!

Does this means I have to make changes in the HR system on the ALE level ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll have to make the necessary customizing changes in HR in order to activate the required change pointers, and then create necessary "ALE" settings in order to be able to send those IDOCs to the XI server

Chris

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First u ll have to make sure that all ur required data is part of any idoc. Then u have to perform all the ALE settings for that Idoc transfer to SAP XI

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregorio,

Though I do not work on HR, I remember it is possible to activate change pointer documents (each time a change is made to a HR document, it creates a corresponding IDOC) for your wanted context (basic data HRP100x) and then you'll have to use this IDOC (HRMDxxxxxxx) as the input source for your XI scenario

Then build the corresponding objects (mapping, etc) according to the target's requirements

Rgds

Chris