cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query related to creating tpz files

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Do we need to create SWC and NS again on target server before deployment?

2. I am plannning to export each object of each scenario, for each scenario ( eg : DT, MT, MI, MM, IM, BussSyst, CC, RD, ID, SA,Scenario name for one Scenario) apart from this, what else do I need to export? Do I have to export NS and SWC?

regards,

Nikhil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. No need as already replied by others. Import from the source system and thats it

2. Do I have to export NS and SWC?

If u import the SWC, all the objects within that SWC will automatically become part of this import. So u dont have to import the objects individually

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

Have one more question to ask

Do I need to re import IDOCs in the new server or do I have to export and import them as well?

regards,

nikhil.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually No. This is the case when the R3 system of Dev, QA or Prod are of same version. If they are of different versions, then it is advisable to reimport them

Regards,

Prateek

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

Go through this blogs..

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/9a/775de286874bc78dcb1470bc80f0f9/content.htm

Thansk,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No Need to Re-import the Idoc Definition in the Production Server.

Why because this is like a Structure, While Export & Import this also carries along with the SWC

Only thing we have to maintain is corresponding Partner Profiles

Regards

Seshagiri

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nikhil,

u need import any idoc separately....

if you export and import the Software Component then all the objects within the SWC will appear along with the imported objects

reward points if helpful

PrasHanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikil,

As per our knowldge no need to import IDOC on new server.

Regards,

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

>>1. Do we need to create SWC and NS again on target server before deployment?

As we commonly use the Same SLD for all the DEV ,QA, and also For Testing ,But may be the Business system names are different according the Landscape..

NO need to create SWCV and NS ,Just we will import/export them from one landscape to another.

>>2.....what else do I need to export? Do I have to export NS and SWC?

In CMS,

Yes you need to import Objects(RFC's and IDOC's) into a common SWCV ,which we will use for all the interfaces in a project and we need to transport this.....This will increase the performance and clarity.

While useing thes imports ,refer to the NS where we download into common SWCV.

**********************reward points,if found useful

Edited by: BVS on May 13, 2008 9:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Do we need to create SWC and NS again on target server before deployment?

No need to create.

2. I am plannning to export each object of each scenario, for each scenario ( eg : DT, MT, MI, MM, IM, BussSyst, CC, RD, ID, SA,Scenario name for one Scenario) apart from this, what else do I need to export? Do I have to export NS and SWC?

You cannot transport your individual objects using File system.

check this link..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No Nee to Creaste the NS again in Target Server.

We have to create the SWCV or Export from Source server and Import into Target server.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/content.htm

how to do transport objects from DEV to QA>

In Integration Repository object:

Right click on the Namespace which you want to send to Quality system and select the export optin and export

it....this will create a .tpz file on the server following path

\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\export\sample.tpz

<what to do after creation of .tpz files for DEV>

This file will be copied and pasted in follwoing path of QA

\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\import\sample.tpz

Similar procedure for directory

Right click on the configuration scenarion in development which you want to send to Quality select the export

optin and export it....this will create a .tpz file on the server following path

\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\xi\directory_server\export\sample.tpz

<how to reflect it in QA >

then login to the IR of the Quality select the Tools--Import option you will get this tpz file and import it and

activate.

Regards

Seshagiri