cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Wrapping in table cell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks

If the text in a table cell exceeds the width of cell then is it possible to make that cell scrollable.

Or either can we scroll only text horizontally.

I know PopIn is alternate for this problem but see if it is possible.

Thanks is anticipation,

Mandeep Virk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

No , it is not possible to make the cell scrollable .

Thanks and Regards

Fazal B

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Its not possible to make the table cell scrollable by setting the width, you can only wrap the text by setting the TextView Wrapping property of the Table Cell Editor to True.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys thanks for quick response,

I tried it using text wrapping but i did;nt see any difference. Can u please explain a bit it text wrapping is true then how a normal line will appear.

Is using text wrap the text comes in two lines or have some what different feel.

Mandeep virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you set the Wrapping to True then the text in that cell will come in different lines as a paragraph depending on the TableWidth and Column Width. If it is a single word then it may come in a single line

depending on the TableWidth and Column Width.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works for normal text view but if i use link to action Ui element then i am not able to wrap the text.

Any suggestions

Mandeep Virk

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think it will work for tke linktoAction UI element (Possible for TextView).

Thanks and Regards

Fazal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Fazal ,Thanks for replying

One more thing can we underline the text in text view ,just to make it look like a hyperlink.(Blue color line)

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

You cannot underline a TextView. You can use the semanticColor property to change the color of the text and design property to change the design of the Text.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i dont think even the underline option is possible. u can change the color as told by Jhansi.

Thanks and Regards

fazal