Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't block standard tcode ->vcust

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to lock down tcode VCUST using sale org. But, I am not able to do it. In the security role, authorization tab, it only have AAAB S_TCODE: VCUST and nothing else. However, I am still able to run this tcode and able to see all customers from different sale org. I can't figure it out. This user account have only this role with only this tcode and nothing else. It doesn't have any profile assign to it. In ST01, I don't see anything that can help me. Please advice if you have comments.

ps. on ECC 6.0

Thanks,

Alan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

It sounds like there have been no additional auth checks coded for this t-code. If you need to restrict it then you could look to using an enhancement point to incorporate additional auth checks (speak to your developers about this). An alternative would be to identify another transaction to get this data.

Have you looked in SU24 for this tcode? If there are relevant objects set to Not Checked then you might be able to set these to Check or Check Maintain so the check isn't suppressed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran a ST01 trace with VCUST and it only came up with S_ALV_LAYO and S_GUI. I don't think any other standard auth object here that will allow you to restrict further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what i read in a couple of notes and in the coding of VCUST this transaction is not designed to be used in a R/3-backend - it's for use of CRM + portals. maybe this transaction is not so good a choice then?

what data from VCUST do you need? - from what i saw of the ALV-list it displayed it would not be too difficult to click together a query in SQ01 that would present the same data in an equally ugly list - but with the advantage that you could place your checks in there.