Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get data from Cluster Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hav saved three different tables to Cluster Table using EXPORT Statement as:

EXPORT it_remb it_actions v_comments TO DATABASE zrmb_ess(ar) ID zrmb_ess-srtfd.

but i m not able to retrieve these three individual tables(it_remb it_actions v_comments ) from cluster table zrmb_ess using IMPORT Statment.

Plsss help....

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you show the the code of IMPORT and EXPORT?

Refards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to read data at the database level from a cluster table. That is to say, I want to decompress the VARDATA column that is in the database table and interpreet it with my own code.

I've read all the SAP help documents on the subject, and I have created Table Clusters (the physical object) and associated Cluster Tables (the logical tables) with the Table Cluster.

I realize one can use ABAP and OPEN SQL to read the table, because that goes through the SAP database interface. I could also call an RFC from an external program.

However, I need to read the data directly from the database without going through the SAP database interface or calling an RFC. I am willing to write the required code in another language, I just need to know how the data is compressed in the cluster, so I can decompress it.

1. Does anyone know how to decode the information stored in a table cluster WITHOUT using an SAP function module?

2. IF no one knows how to do (1), does anyone know what compression algorithm SAP uses when storing data in the table cluster?

3. Is there a specification or layout that explains exactly how the VARDATA column in a table cluster is structured, so that once I decompress it, I can figure out what data belonged to which table and column?

If you even have a guess as to the compression algorithm or layout of VARDATA, I would be interested to hear it.

Thank You,

Larry Smith

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Did you manage to solve this problem?

0 Kudos

Hi

I am in the dame dilemma, but I am trying to uncover HR cluster tables. Any one had come up with solution for this. I am using JCo to read HR PCL1,2,3... tables and uncover RT, CRT,... tables.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use macros, function modules to read payroll cluster. That will be easier..

Regards,

Kalyani