cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elligibily for certification -> SAP ABAP associate -> confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a S/W Engg.(6months exp in SAP-ABAP) in an Indian firm.

I want to take this certification: SAP Certified Development Associate - ABAP - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 because I'm on bench and have got no project.

From what I've gathered by googling, I've to take a course for about 2 months and then i'll be elligble for taking the certification exam or I've got to have an year's experience in a firm in the respective domain.

Now, can't I study on my own and take the above mentioned cert. exam.

How should I go about it. It's a little confusing for me.

It'd really be cool if someone throws even a little light on my topic.

Cheers.

shilpi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shilpi,

I am working in leading software gaint.though i am in big position up to now i have not done certification.

see,certification adds value to ur career.certification board gave permissions to some companies with no experience.i,e even a fresher in taht company can write certification. taht is for certain companies. for reamaining they have to be 1yr experienced then only thay have to appear.

First check with your company team whether yours is in that list or not. if yes gud. no ,try to learn. already u completed 6 months. next 6 months prepare well and write exam.

certification is a matter of money too. for abap certification associate level u have to pay 30000 towards exam fee.so prepare well.if u think u r petrfect then only move ur step.

revert me for any ideas.

thanks

karthikeya

reward me poionts if useful

Edited by: Moderator on May 13, 2008 2:23 PM

*Stop asking for points (and try to check your spellings)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm.. okay ...

i understand your point... but i don't think my company would encourage me to get the certification as it won't be able to sign on the no-objection certificate that i've worked in a team and worked on some relevant project.

So, the only option left with me is to go on my own and get it. This way i can take 2 paths ->

1. instructor led course then certi, or

2. online e-learning 200hrs then certi.

I enquired about the online course, which will be feasible, but it costs INR 120,000.00 !! plus 25,000 for certification test.

Isn't there a cheaper way to get certified?

I really want to make use of my free time.

My skills are going wasted because of the organization.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

you can try for certification in Teched however I am not sure if its there for ABAP.

I guess there is no other option as such.

I suggest that waiting and getting yourself prepare and ready for 6 months. Meanwhile try to solve sample certification questions.

Also, You can upgrade yourself by learning webdynro if like to be in technical area.

Hope this helps,

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

I m also a beginner in SAP. But I have already done my certification from an E-learning center.

I understand that the high cost of the e-learning but there are centres which also help you to handle these costs with some finance schemes. The best part of these E-learning courses is you have fexible timings and can do it along with your job.In this way you can also utilize your time.

Even though I also am new into SAP, i thought my experience would help you. Incase you need any more info just ask for the it.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Tejashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tejashree, can i get your email id, i'll give you more details which you'll probably understand well.

thanks for any help i'm very grateful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

If you can give me your email id then i will send you a test mail so that i can share the information

Regards

Tejashree

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

U have 6mnths exp in ABAP. By the time of SAPTeched u will hv more than 9 mnths exp which is needed for appearing in the exam. So u can go for SAP certi either by company sponsership or self sponsership. I did netweaver certi through self sponsership and it cost around 12000.However u need to chk whether u can appear in SAP teched through ur company.From centres it will cost more so better ask ur company bout the certification process.For ABAP certi details, plz chk these threads:

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

So let me put this together:>

1. 6 months of exp in SAP ABAP + ERP ==> eligibility criteria for SAP TechEd satisfied. Right?

2. SAP TechEd certification costs around INR 30,000 ?

3. I will not need to take a course right? just the no objection certificate testifying my 6 months experience from my company?

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

1)No the exp shud be minimum 9mnths for appearing in TechEd and usually they prefer 1yr experienced.

2)Sap Teched certi cost you less around 12000 or so if u r giving through self sponsership and workin in any SAP partnered company.Else normally u hv to pay more 30000 for certi and around 1lakh if u go for training from an insitute.

3)Ya u dnt need to take ne course.you jst hv to ask ur company for sponsering you or for letting you appear in Sap Teched through self sponsership.

Regards

Priyanka

award point if helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

things are a lot clearer now..

thanks all of you people who replied to my thread

Answers (0)