cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh issue not yet resolved....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In my Application the Data is displayed in a table from R/3.When i click on Refresh Button of the Internet Explorer or F5 from the Keyboard the data is getting refreshed but when i come back to this view where i have the Data displayed its not getting refreshed until i click on the above mentioned process.

Kindly help me out to resolve this issue.

Thanks and regards

ChandraShekar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandrashekar,

I assume you have two different backend RFC function calls to get the data and to remove the data. If that is the case, during your second call, on RFC side they are simply

removing the element and not sending any updated data back to you. In that case you need to call the first RFC call again to get the refreshed data or work on the second call to return the updated data back to frontend. I dont know what layer (adaptive RFC, java etc) you have in the middle. Accordingly plan the changes and refresh the data.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekar,

In order to refresh the Table data you need to clear the corresponding input node while passing the data to R/3. i.e., if your input node name is "It_Prdgrds" then you need to clear that node. Something like this:

//Clear the input node

Collection c = null;

wdContext.node<It_Prdgrds>().bind(c);

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

For the table data to be refreshed,you need to call the execute method of the RFC,so that it picks up the recent data

And ensure you are calling invalidate() method of that node

eg:wdContext.node<Node name>.invalidate()

You can do the write that code in the corresponding method of plug which is fired on when Back button is clicked.

Hope it helps

Rgds,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I have tried what you have said,infact i have invalidated all the nodes that are being used for the corresponding function module.

I even used the removeelement method also but still all these not seem to be working.

Is there anyother alternative to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Chandrashekar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually,if you invalidate the node and call the RFC again it should reflect.

Are you saving data in second view and then going back....

And where did you use invalidate method??

Could you brief me what u have done?

Rgds,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

In my application i have a Tree structure and when i click on the root node i get the sub-elements under this and when i select an element and execute this element gets deleted/removed.

Now the problem is such that the element is getting deleted in the backend(R/3),but i am able to see the element in the structure still.

When i click on Refresh icon i cannot view the element.

I have tried to used invalidate method,reset method but still the problem remains the same.

Is there any solution to refresh the application manually without clicking on Refresh.

Please help me out to proceed further.

Thanks and regards,

Chandrashekar.

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Chandrashekar,

As you want the data to be refreshed. that means you want to fetch current data in R/3 system and display it.

so do this. just think that you are fetching the data from R/3 as new data. and for first time

so

1.bind your node.

and

2. execute your method which fetches the data

as

wdcontext.your model node.bind(your model node class);
wdContext.currentElement().modelObject().execute();

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are refreshing the page , ur WdDoInit() will be called and if you are calling any methods to fill your table data, that also will be executed . But in case when you are trying to come back to the view thru other plugins, you should trigger some events to execute and populate you data. I think this this the problem you are facing.

Regards,

Tony Isaac.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhansi,

I have done the same way of what you have told but i still get the same issue.

Its not working even when i implemented what you have said.

Infact even i have done what some of them told in this thread like creating the node,binding it and creation of model object,etc.........but even this is not working.

So what might be the problem with this issue.

Any comments.

Thanks and regards,

Chandrashekar.