cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business System in XI not able to attach Receiver/Sender interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand the difference between Business System and a Business Service (as I can read sap help and the previous posts on this subject thankyou).

I have a 3rd Party Warehouse system (Manhattan).

I have defined this in the SLD and imported this into XI as a Business System. As that seemed like the correct way rather than simply just defining it as a Business Service.

I have used this in various configurations and it seems fine.

But check this out.

If in XI Configurator you go into the Business System it is not possible to attach Receiver and Sender Interfaces to it like you would for a Business Service. This means that everytime you want to use an Interface you have to do a search all instead of just being able to picking it up off the ones defined against the System (like you can for a Business Service).

This is a little annoying and I wonder if I am doing something wrong.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member8655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paulie

To get the interfaces in the business system by default. You can assign the software component in which you have defined your interface to the techical system of your business system in SLD. Once this is done,Clear the SLD cache in ID and you would be able to get the interfaces in that software component in your business system.

Regards

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK that sounds promising.

So how do I assign my SWCV to a Technical System in the SLD ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So how do I assign my SWCV to a Technical System in the SLD?

While configuring technical system in sld it will ask about the details of product and its software component version.

Maybe these steps may help you.

Choose New Technical System.

The browser displays the screen Technical System Wizard in a separate window.

2. Select Third-Party, and then choose next.

3. Enter the system name and the host name of the system, and then choose Next.

The browser displays all the registered SAP product versions in the list Available Products.

4. Select the SAP products that are installed in the third-party system, and then choose Add.

On the lower part of the screen, the browser displays a list of all the software components that are contained in the selected products.

Repeat this step as many times as necessary until you have added all products.

To remove a product, select it in the list, and then choose Remove.

You can add more products to this system at a later stage.

5. Select the software components that are actually installed in the system.

6. Choose Finish.

The SLD server has now registered the new third-party system.

Regards,

Pradeep A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry but you (except for Mitesh) have missed the point of my question

The problem is that my 3RD Party Business Systems I have imported into XI will not let me

attach Receiver/Sender Interfaces to it. (unlike you can for a Business Service). Why ?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that my 3RD Party Business Systems I have imported into XI will not let me

attach Receiver/Sender Interfaces to it. (unlike you can for a Business Service). Why ?.

As u already configures a SWCV for that particular technical system which business system refer there is no need to add interfaces.

in case of business service we have to add interfaces because we do not configure in sld.

Regards,

Pradeep A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well there is a need to add the interfaces to the Business System - like you must do for a Business Service. This is because it will make it easier to select the interfaces when you are building your configuration.

So my question remains. Is somebody able to answer it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well there is a need to add the interfaces to the Business System

can u explain clearly where u have that need ?

we can not add our interfaces to Business System olny we can add to business Service.

note: bettter to configure your scenario with integration scenario when using business system.

Regards,

pradeep A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well there is a need to add the interfaces to the Business System

can u explain clearly where u have that need ?

we can not add our interfaces to Business System olny we can add to business Service.

note: better to configure your scenario with integration scenario when using business system.

Regards,

pradeep A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In answers to your questions - the Business System that is assigned into your XI Configuration scenario can have Sender/Receiver Message Interfaces listed. BUT you cannot add them manually like you can for a Business Service. You must first add your Software Component Version defined in the XI Integration Repository for the Message Interfaces. Once done correctly then when you add and then activate message interfaces they will appear automatically (perhaps have a SLD cache refrresh) under the Business System in the XI Configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

to everybody that responded. I have now got my interfaces appearing under the Sender/Receiver tab of my Business System for the 3rd party warehouse system. I'm much happier with it now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulie,

What you are doing is totally right.

In case of Business system you well get the list of itnerfaces available in the software component unlike for a business service

reward points if helpful

PraSHanT