cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JLaunch not able to reconnect in HA environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Jlaunch is not able to reconnect to DB after failure in our HA (High availibility) environment. Error we get is Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress. This error can be neglected as it is known that database is stopped during failover and is restarted again. I guess this issue can be solved by setting Java reconnect parameters right. Can someone let me know what parameters do we need to set to configure JLaunch or JControl reconnect in a HA environment.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Could you give us some more details on what is clustered on which machines in your HA-Environment?

Which components are clustered?

Are there Java-DIs running on the clusternodes where Oracle can run?

Are you using Enqueue Replication?

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

Database, ABAP and Java are clustered in our environment. We are NOT using enqueue replication. During failover the ABAP part comes up fine. But JAVA does not start, main reason being JLaunch fails to reconnect to DB. Do you happen to know of any parameters that is related to Java reconnect.Else if there is any other solution to this issue apart from enqueue replication could you pls let me know.

Thanks,

Joel

Edited by: Dcruz Joel on May 15, 2008 8:16 PM