cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependency based interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to design a depedency based interface.

Its a webservice to a webservice, where Sender Ws maps to the reciever Ws and based upon the response of this reciever webservice we need to pick up a file from an FTP folder.

Is it possible to have a dependency based interface?.. would I need a bpm which will poll from the file adapter based upon the response of the incoming interface(reciever)?..

please suggest for any ideas on this one..

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for your replies,.. before proceeding ahead of the send step, I have declared an external definiton for my webservice and declared the message interface to be Abstract synchronous with request and resp from 2nd ws, but this interface is not been reflected when Iam trying to declare my varilbles inside my bpm.

I need to choose the variable of interface type of my Abs aynch interface..

please could anyone let me know if we can use external definiions inside a bpm and if so is there any different way to use it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

In case of abstract synchronous you need not have a container variable. In the properties window when you select the mode as synchronous you can directly refer to you abstract synchronous interface in the field synchronous message interface.

But in case of synchronous send step it will ask you for request type and response type, for these two you need to create container variables. these variables will be of type abstract interface. The Message Interface corresponding to these two variables will be of the type abstract async.

So you need to create two more Message interface of type Abstract Asyn for your request and response message of your 2nd web service.

In the container window you can only refer to Async Interface

hence you are facing this prob

revert in case of queries

reward points if useful,

regards,

Milan

Edited by: Milan Thaker on May 14, 2008 6:16 AM

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think above Scenario can be implemented without using BPM also and this can be done in ID .

When we create Receiver Determination there we can see an option To enter Conditions to Select Perticular System as a Reciever .

You can Give Various Condition there (In your case there will be 2 Two Condition.

One For Checking Response of WebService and other for whether to pick that file or not)

Reward points If Helpful.

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

In this case your Bpm will be somethng like this.

Recieve step (1st wb service) which activates a correlation then a synchronous send step (2nd web service), then a switch with a condition based on the response of the 2nd web service then a recieve step for picking up the file.

second recieve step will use the correlation activated by 1st recieve step.

now in your case if you need a file based on its name refer to this link

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/Variable/substitution.htm

revert in case of any queries.

Edited by: Milan Thaker on May 13, 2008 6:17 AM