Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception while testin JCO destination

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am cofiguring SSO to connect to R/3. I have uploaded the certificate in R/3. Now i am trying to create a JCO (from the Web dynpro content admin screen) to use this certificate ( I have mentioned client certificate X509 in the security settings). But when I test the connectio, I am getting the following exception :-

"com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to enrich connection properties".

I am not sure what is the differnece between "Client certificate X509" and "Ticket" options in the security settings while creating JCO. So I tried using "Ticket" option as well. But it gives me the following error :-

"com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: The system is unable to interpret the SSO ticket received"

Could some one please tell me what is the right option to use and where is the problem.

Any info on this would be of great help.

Regards,

Narahari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narahari,

First thing is that we use authentication method Ticket for setting up a Web Dynpro Application for a Logon Ticket.

How did you exported the Certificate from your J2EE Server. Which certificate did you select?

Also which ID are you logged on to the "Content Administrator". If you are testing the JCO connection, the UserID you have logged on should exist in the R/3 System.

Check the following link for the details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/45a04028f40160e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

With Best Regards,

Shubham

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

To download the certificate, I logged in as in Administrator on to the portal and went to System Administration -> System Configuration -> Key store administration and then selected "SAPLOGONTIcKETKEYPAIR-CERT".

UID on portal and R/3 are same.

I am still getting the error. Could you please tell me what could be the mistake?

Regards,

Narahari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you import the portal certificate into the R3 system using transaction strustsso2? Did you add the parameter logon/accept_sso2_ticket to the instance profile using RZ10? Did you reboot the r3 box?

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Yes. I have done all the steps you mentioned.

One doubt, do we have differnt certificates for Portal and J2EE engine? Do we need upload them seperatley? or it is only one?

Regards,

Narahari

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is the same certificate. What is the error that you get if you try and use SSO to launch the WinGUI?

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Eric,

I am getting the same error "System is unable to interpret the SSO ticket recieved". This is the same error which I got in the Web dynpro content admin screen, when i tried to test the JCO.

Regards,

Narahari

Former Member
0 Kudos

You imported the verify.der that you downloaded from the portal and added it to the list of trusted certs and the ACL correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narahari,

Check the Client you have specified in the JCO Connections. Did you imported your Certificate in the same client?

Also when you export the certificate from Visual Administrator, export it as Binary and file type .crt

Regards,

Shubham

Message was edited by: Shubham Tripathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narahari,

I think this is a good starting point:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5e/6c85c3edf942f39349a1e337434d29/frameset.htm

regards, Karsten