cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the maximimum File size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Whats the Maximum file size transfer is supported by XI..

I have file size of 2GB that has to transfer..Do i have to write the Adapter Module or XI will process 2GB file

SV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

2GB is a very huge file,you need to break file in smaller chunks before feeding it to XI.

either run some scripts or use Recordset per message property of sender file adapter.

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think processing of 2gb file will be difficult.

Split the file into multiple small files and process it.

Regards

Vani.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI cannt process 2 GB file in single shot.

Using chunking concept it can be done.

This concept can be implemented in two ways. On the sender side the application should chunk the data and XI should pull and process the data.

Or

On the adapter level chunking logic

Check the below links for Adapter level chunking.

SAP Network Blog: SAP XI acting as a (huge) file mover

[/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2007/02/21/sap-xi-acting-as-a-huge-file-mover]

SAP Network Blog: Night Mare-Processing huge files in SAP XI

[/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi]

Thanks

Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure that there is a documented file size, this can be down to the sizing of your SAP XI implementation. I would not expect the Java server to pick up a 2GB file though.

If you pick up this as one message it will be difficult to deal with. It may exceed the timeout to send it to integration engine for processing. If you manage to get it to the integration engine for processing, the mapping may fail due to memory resource availability.

I would recommend splitting the file into smaller more manageable chunks. Processing many small messages is far more efficient than attempting to process one very large one. Once a message size goes beyond a certain size, performance of processing the message decreases.

Hope that this helps.

Thanks

Gary

0 Kudos

Hi,

The maximum file size that your server can process depends on various different aspects like the server hardware sizing, total available memory form both Java and ABAP side, the kind of interfacing you are trying to achieve, if your interface needs a complex mapping etc. Although there is no correct picture on theoritical Max file size, it will depend on the specifics of your landscape.

I personally feel that, processing a 2 GB file is not a good idea as the message when converted to XML its size multiplies atleast 3.5 times to 7 times, which gets persisted at various stages of logging that the system does. You may want to consider other options like splitting the messages into smaller chunks, having no or minimal mapping and configuring the recordset per message property.

Personally in one of the implementations we have had to process a Max file size of 350MB which gets processed once a month and that too during non-peak working hours.

Karthik

Edited by: Karthik Rangaraju on May 12, 2008 3:08 PM