cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing ITS transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all-

If I want to make minor changes to the screens for a transaction that is coming through ITS (displayed as HTML GUI in EP) how do I go about doing this? For example, if I wanted to hide a field in an ESS transaction for personal data... Do I change HTML templates or do I need to change ABAP code at the transaction level?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just proceed the steps below ..

1. First you hav to find out the function module for this service file ...

Goto SM30 -> T77WWW_SC ... find out which fn module your transaction points to .

PZ13 pts to HR_ESS_PERSOnaldata_* Just chk which one is default .

2 . You have to copy the entire fn group in which the fn module belongs .

3. Do changes in the function module ....( u can find Screen in the fn mod )

4 . Copy pz13 to zpz13 .

5. then ...create a new entry in the View T77WWW_SC ,and pt it to the craeted Fn module .

That's it .

Regrds,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi-

I need to modify the code for service PZ02.

I went into the SM30 -> T77WWW_SC.

The detalut Funtion Module for the PZ02 is HR_ESS_ADDRESSLIST_01. I wanted to copy the entire fn group in which the fn module belongs .

But when i go to SE37, i get amessage saying that this fn module does not exist

IS this the correct Fn Mod or is there is any other way to find out the correct Fn mod

Help will be appreciated.

Sharath

Message was edited by: sharath raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattew,

Majority of ESS personal information scenarios are EWT(Easy web transaction) based servces. They do not have any template of its own. In that case ESS services are directly replica of R/3 screens. hence you have to modify screen in backend only.

There are some services which use templates for example leave and who's who. For those services you can modify template to get desired results.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, this is quite helpful. For the EWT scenario, to modify the screen on the backend R/3 system, this would be done using ABAP screen variants, correct? Does this require coding or just configuration? What I'm really trying to gauge is the skillsets necessary to change these screens as they appear in the HTML GUI in the Portal (ABAP knowledge, Java knowledge, HTML knowledge, etc).

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Field level changes can not be done via customization.

But yes if you want to restrict subtypes of any data (for example only Main address is allowed in Address scenario), that is very much possible. you can find corresponding options in SPRO under Employee Self Service.

For screen changes, you need somebody who is aware of screen painter and basic ABAP screen programming(in case you are planning some changes in logic also).

Please let me know if you need help on cutomizing node.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Message was edited by: Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir-

The following is my requirement.

In Service PZ02, Only Permanent Residence, Emergency Address, and Mailing Address should be available in dropdown box.

>>But yes if you want to restrict subtypes of any data >>(for example only Main address is allowed in Address >>scenario), that is very much possible. you can find >>corresponding options in SPRO under Employee Self >>Service.

I hope what you mentioned in your previous mail related exctly to my requirement.Can you tell me how i can do this.

I went to SPRO, but i did not find any options in SPRO (In the first place i did not find Employee self Serivce under SPRO)

Help will be really appreciated

Sharath