cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure to Technical & Business systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone explain me how to create a technical system and buisness system for R/3. i want to know while creating buisness system for R/3 in SLD we need to provide logical system name. Creation of that logical system shld b done in XI box or in R/3 system? if u know any weblogs which explaine step by step procedure how to create TS and BS in SLD then pls. send it across.

Thanks

Faisal

Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Can anyone explain me how to create a technical system and buisness system for R/3. i want to know while creating buisness system for R/3 in SLD we need to provide logical system name. Creation of that logical system shld b done in XI box or in R/3 system? if u know any weblogs which explaine step by step procedure how to create TS and BS in SLD then pls. send it across.?

Down load this document.. then start work.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d46b9b90-0201-0010-ef92-996...

Technical System

In SLD, click on technical landscape->New Technical System->WebAS ABAP.

Business System.

1.Goto Business Landscape->New Business System->Name the business system.

2. Choose the technical system that needs to be attached->WebAS ABAP->Technical System Name.

In the SLD, you have SAP server details as a Technical system . Then Business System is created for this.

Registering a new technical system in SLD - ABAP based

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If u creating Technical system for R3 u must give logical system name of that R3 system.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

i knw while creating TS we must have Logical system name of R/3 system. my question is do we need to create that LS in R/3 or in XI box.

Regards

Faisal.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem occurs when sender and receiver business system or business service does not have a logical system name.

ID - Integration Directory

Posting the IDOC'S into SAP R/3 System, sender and receiver business system or business service requires the logical system name. If the business system (Web As ABAP) does not have the logical system name, then add the logical system for business system.

In technical system browser

If business system type = Web AS ABAP, then add the Logical system in Technical System level and Save.

If business system type = Third-Party, then add the logical system in business system level and Save.

If the business service does not have the logical system name in ID, it needs to be configured as follows.

Check the below screen shot which shows how to add the logical system for business service.

Go to ID and click the Business service -> Services -> Adapter Specific Identifiers. Enter the logical system name and Save.

Apply and activate.

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abdul,

question is do we need to create that LS in R/3 or in XI box

You need to create that LS in R/3 itself.

And use exactly the same LS while creating TS for R/3 in XI.

Regards

Bhanu

Intelligroup.

Edited by: Bhanu Tiruveedula on May 12, 2008 8:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Thanx

regards

Faisal

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You have to create LS in R3 and assign that in TS.

Regards

Rao