cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI doesn't do COMMIT in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've created a simple BAPI in BW that modifies a record into a DB table. When I execute it from se37 it works fine.

Then I use it into a Visual Composer model. It finishes correctly but the record is not modified in DB.

I've tried to check the Auto-Commit option for the Data Service in VC and also concatenate the BAPI with BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT, but it doesn't work.

In BAPI code I use the sentence "commit work and wait" after Update the table.

¿Any ideas? I suppose it could be some customizing in Portal, because a very similar development in other server is working properly.

Thanks in advance.

Enrique

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enrique,

Can you try filling the parameter wait when mapping the first bapi to it with a constant 0.

Regards,

Ahmed Salah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

I think a simple

COMMIT WORK

should work.

Execute it from Visual Composer and check the table via SE16, if it is updated by the system.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I use a COMMIT WORK in BAPI after the "UPDATE table" sentence but it doesn't work (from SE37 it works)

The most strange thing, is that in other System (our own testing system) I did the same development and it works fine from Visual Composer.

Could be any parameter or customization in Portal (cache, user authorizations, paremeter in Systemlandscape definition ...)??

Thanks a lot.

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enrique,

Do you fill the wait parameter of the BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT ?

Regards,

Ahmed Salah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I don't fill the wait parameter in BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT. Is it necessary??

Thanks

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai en,

i think The table which you modified is not get automatically reflelted in Vc .

for that you have to do

1) in VC Go To Options Check Compiler Dropdown Select Getlatest(cache) And Click on Okay . it will useful i think Just try It .

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks venkat,

but this option is already marked.

It's not a problem with refresh in VC, it seems a problem with the commit in ABAP part because the BAPI doesn't modify the table if I use it from VC.

Enrique