Did you mean: 

SMTP Address area *

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using NW 46C, WEBAS 620 SP20 XI30

In SCOT system has 2 nodes under INT

IMAIL

SMTP

IMAIL we are using for xml messages and SAPconnect mail, which is working fine..., SMTP for CCMS alerts configuration purpose

The problem is when I Goto SMTP in Address area typed "" then in IMAIL will overwrite and there is no "" in IMAIL present

in other words, only one time I can put "*" either IMAIL or SMTP if SMTP configured IMAIL does't work ....

I am also sending screen shot for that please help me very Urgent

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2485927205/sizes/o/

Your response really appriciated

Thanks in Advanced

and futher tell me please Am I doing right configuration for SMTP ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Double click on your errorred mail - does this not tell you why it failed ?

KR

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no its does't

i have another question, do i have to setup / configuration for icm profile setting like httpplugin_0 ?

for smtp configuration

someone told me if you are running webas 620 you don't need to configuration any paramaters is that true ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI/PI: Sending Emails Using XI Mail Adapter

In this article we shall discuss the configuration of SAP XI Mail Adapter on the receiver side. The receiver mail adapter resides on the J2EE stack and converts the XI messages into emails and transfers them to email server or in simple words sends them as emails to intended recipient(s).

The adapter supports SMTP as well as IMPA4 protocol. Message protocol provides two options, namely XIALL and XIPAYLOAD. In the former entire SOAP message is sent as an attachment in mail along with the payload while in the latter only the message payload is sent.

Go through this link with screen shots..

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/index.php/2008/02/23/xipi-sending-emails-using-xi-mail-adapter/

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry that URL getting some error message and explorer closed....

do you have any other website or url please

thanks

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sending Emails Using XI Mail Adapter

Tryied now..

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/index.php/2008/02/23/xipi-sending-emails-using-xi-mail-adapter/

In this article we shall discuss the configuration of SAP XI Mail Adapter on the receiver side. The receiver mail adapter resides on the J2EE stack and converts the XI messages into emails and transfers them to email server or in simple words sends them as emails to intended recipient(s).

The adapter supports SMTP as well as IMPA4 protocol. Message protocol provides two options, namely XIALL and XIPAYLOAD. In the former entire SOAP message is sent as an attachment in mail along with the payload while in the latter only the message payload is sent.

Configuring the Receiver Mail Adapter

Let’s say you want to send incoming XML message as an email. The mail adapter provides two options – one using the mail package and one without using mail package. When you do not use mail package you have to provide the email header details (like To and From addresses, Subject line etc) in the adapter itself. There is no restriction on the XML message format or namespace. However, when you use mail package, you have to adhere to a specific format of the source XML.

The figure above on the left shows a typical message structure that should be used while configuring receiver mail adapter with mail package. The Message Type must be named as ‘Mail’ and it must be present under the Namespace ‘http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30’. Your message is bound to fail in adapter engine if this is not adhered to. This helps you to dynamically set email parameters like sender, receiver mail subject etc.

The URL of the mail server should be specified as shown below depending on whether you use SMTP or IMAP4.

smtp://EmailServer or imap://EmailServer/UserInbox

If your server required User Authentication, you can specify the same while configuring the adapter. If you want to request a delivery receipt, check the ‘Send Delivery Status Notification’ checkbox. The delivery receipt is delivered to the email address specified in the ‘To’ field. base64 content encoding is possible. The figure on the right shows a typical configuration of the receiver mail adapter.

As with any other J2EE adapter, you can enhance the adapter further using the adapter modules which can be specified in the module tab of the communication channel.

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, I really appriciated it, but I belived so, XML messages are running fine, and send e m a i l ... My point is configure CCMS alerts, just consider its not XI system simple R3 system...

I follow lot of steps and doc. as well, but I have little bit confousing about icm / plugin paramaters...

I would like to only any MTE tree such as goto RZ20 --> CCMS template --> Entire system --> memory or CPU utlilization if goes high or become RED color it will auto "m a i l" me, remember when you apply tr: RZ20 and configure any MTE .... just like that...

for current status, I can see in memory shows 1 alert but its not mail, when i selected and goto from menu EDIT and MTE notes, and start auto-re-action method then i can see mail in my lotus notes

but not automatically...

may be SMTP is not confirued fine.... or icm paramaters

please advised

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go through this Blogs...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - File to Mail

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i - Dynamic File Name Part 1

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii - Dynamic File Name Part 2

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address - Dynamic Mail Address

Satya Kumar