cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transport DC from dev to Quality server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a webdynpro DC by selecting file - new - development configuration and created one component

created some views and deployed

as i am new to webdynpro, can anyone please tell me with what extension these DCs are deployed?

How can i transport one DC from one server to another server?

thanks

vijaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijaya,

Maintaining multiple workspaces is more organized if you are using NWDI. But you are working on local DCs. So you can deploy them to Quality directly. Server needs just

a deployable object.

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Change the settings of J2EE engine to Quality servers by going to preferences ->SAP J2EE Engine window and configuring your system to Quality servers.

regards,

amit bagati

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijaya,

If the DC you created is a local DC, then you have to move it to Quality server manually. Webdynpro DCs will be deployed as .ear files onto servers.

and you can deploy it to Quality from NWDS by changing J2EE engine properties under preferences.

If you make DC part of NWDI, then set up runtime systems for development, quality, testing (optional) and production. After you import the DC to consolidation

phase, by making automatic deployment 'On', your DC will be deployed to Quality Server automatically.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

thank you very much for your reply.

i have a doubt again. Just we have to change the preferences of Quality server and deploy the DC or we have to copy and paste the local DC manually into the workplace of Quality server and then deploy?

what is the procedure?

Thanks,

vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

You just need to change the preferences of Quality server and deploy the DC. No need to copy the local DC manually. You should have SDM password to deploy this application.

Go through the following thread:

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala