cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS settings to import NWDI configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to import the CMS configurations onto my NWDS. I have entered the NWDI url in Windows -> Preferences -> JDI -> Development Configuration Pool. However, when I try to log in from NWDS, it points to an old url that I had been using until recently, and thus the login fails. I have replaced the old url with the new one as mentioned.

The error I get is: Build Server http://<Old Host>:<Old Port>: Invalid Username and/or Password

I don't understand from where it is picking up the old host and port details. Is there any place else I need to change the URLs in the NWDS to import the configurations from my new NWDI server?

Thanks in Advance,

Reena

(When I had imported the NWDI configurations to my NWDS with the old server, the Development Configuration Pool was the only place I had entered the URL. I wonder why it's not working now!! )

Edited by: Reena Prabhakar on May 12, 2008 4:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow these steps,

1. Close your NWDS.

2. Navigate to this path in your file system <installation drive>:/Documents and settings/<logged in user>

Now, delete the .dtc and .sdtgui folders from here.

3. Open your NWDS, set the new url for the sld as you specified above.

4. Try importing the configuration.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

Your instructions worked. Thanks a lot.

Thanks all for your inputs too..

Regards,

Reena

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reena,

In Dev configuration perspective, delete all your DCs from local including all the content and delete your Dev configurations from that. Dev configuration pool is the only place to enter NWDI URL. Can you able to ping the server from Dev configuration pool? Take out the port from the url and try to ping again (incase if they are using default port for NWDI). and then move onto Dev configurations, and try to import your configurations. restart your dev studio before importing your configurations (not necessarily , just a try)

Kiran

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to Design Time Repository perspective, delete the old client from there.

nikhiL