cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogenous system copy - change System number o

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using homogenous system copy procedure to copy the production system on other server where the development instance is.

PRD has system number 35, DEV has 15.

With the homogenous copy I will create QTS system and it will be with system number 35 like production system. QTS I'll include in the transport domain of PRD.

PRD and QTS will be on a different server. Do I need to change the system number of QTS? Or QTS can be the same system number as PRD?

If I need to change the system number after the homogenous copy, can someone please specify what steps should be done?

Thank you in advance,

Ruzica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruzica,

Your SAP System number doesn't have anything to do with Homogenous System copy.

If you have two SAP systems on different machines, they can have the same System Number.

The condition is only that they should be on different machines.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhesh,

After the Homogenous System copy my QTS system will be created with the same system number as the PRD. I usually do this copy very often to refresh the TST (one independent environment just for testing purposes). When I do this procedure I'm coping the File systems from the database then I'm changing the SID of the PRD to TST and mount the DB. That's why the system number stays to be the same as PRD.

Yes the PRD and QTS will be on a different machine.

Just one question more:

What about the transport landscape PRD QTS and DEV? There will be no problem if PRD and QTS has the same system number?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Ruzica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What about the transport landscape PRD QTS and DEV? There will be no problem if PRD and QTS has the same system number?

-> No problem, SID must be different in sap system landscape.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

BR

Ruzica

Answers (0)