cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on a XI interface scenario and it reads like following

Customers (from a File system) send a PO request (containing a Customer PO num) to XI. And, XI maps file data to a PO IDOC PORDCR1 and sends it to R/3 system. In R/3, PO is created. After the goods receipt, customer sends GR message to XI. XI calls BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE and created GR. When the GR is created, it has to be created against the earlier PO. For this reason, customer sends the GR message (as a file) with customer PO number. In R/3, the GR needs to be created with reference to R/3 PO number, but not with reference to the customer PO num.

Now the question is, where should the mapping between customer PO and R/3 PO be maintained? In R/3 or XI?

If it is in R/3, what is the need for XI usage? How do we make best use of XI in this scenario?

I highly appreciate a quick response or any kinda assistance.

Thanks in advance

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your scenario is one that is not unique, in fact this is a common situation when linking non-SAP systems to R/3.

I would say if you want to keep your SAP R/3 interface implementation "clean", then create and maintain this mapping in XI. This scenario also provides you with the guarantee that created GR's in R/3 by XI will contain valid PO nr's.

By doing it this way you will access the R/3 PO nr. via an RFC/BAPI call from XI to the R/3 system. In this sceanario you will have and maintain all interface related tasks (e.g. mapping, transformations, etc..) at one place i.e. XI, which is in fact one of the goals of having XI in your landscape.

Cheers,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Thanks for ur response.

> I would say if you want to keep your SAP R/3

> interface implementation "clean", then create and

> maintain this mapping in XI.

When you say 'maitaining the mapping in XI', how do you suggest it to be maintained? Once the PO IDOC is sent to R/3 and say a Response IDOC/proxy message is sent back to XI. Where do I store the customer PO and SAP PO number? In a file/table on XI server? If not where? Please clarify.

> By doing it this way you will access the R/3 PO nr.

> via an RFC/BAPI call from XI to the R/3 system.

Do you mean to say in XI, when I receive (from file system) the GR with customer PO number, I query the R/3 system and get the corresponding R/3 PO number and fill it in the BAPI for GR and call BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE? Please clarify.

Thanks

Praveen