cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching Binaries for JAVA....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have installed the NW04 and J2EE for our Xi system.

I have one question about patching binaries. I was going through the note 832005. It talks about some SAR fiels which can be found on market place /swdc (got to Support Packages and Patches section) from OS dependent section of J2EE 6.40. SCS.SAR is not there.

When do I have to do this.

How will I determine the need?

It appears to me there is regular patching also for these files.

Is it like kernel for ABAP system?

How can I find the patching level for this so I can make sure after the upgrade that patching went well.

Thank you very much for all the advices.

Thank you.

SC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The note says:

"Download the archive "WebAS 6.40 SP<desired patch level>(Part 3/4): OS Depend. parts of Java Runtime". The filename is something like J2EERTOS<SP_number>_0-<ID>.SAR. You must extract the contents from the SAR file using sapcar tool (note 212876). When you extract the files you will find SCS.SAR file.

Is there a special reason to upgrade only the native binaries of NW04 and not the whole stack?

Best Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

Well I do not want to apply it seperately. I am in impression that we have to apply J2EE binaried always seperate.

Is It done when you apply J2EE patches using SAPInst and note 657763?

But I have a question.

When I installed a J2EE as Add-in using SAPInst, I only provided the path of <b>OS independent J2EE CD</b>. But There was OS dependent CD as well and it has all these SAR files mentioned above in my initial message. So Do I have to apply them manually right after installation?

<b>OR</b>

Just apply J2EE patches right after the install and it will be updated automatically.

<b>But If that is the case,</b>

Then when we are going to apply SCSCLIENT*.SAR (depends upon the system like Unicode or Non-Unocode). It is not mentioned in the one of the four files SAR files we download during the patching of J2EE. Is it also a part of one of these files like SCS.SAR?

Thank you very much for all the support.

Thank you.

SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got my answer.

They are all part of same SAR file.

And There is no need patch them seperately.

Thank you.