cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative UoM less than Basic unit of measure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where base unit of the material is EA. This EA is equivalent to some square feet. In some cases it is as big as 125,234.67 square foot. Some of the pricing component are being charges on sq ft basis.

But, when I enter this Alt UoM in material master, it does not let me enter. The field is restricted to 5 character only (including decimal place, it does not let you enter decimal, this need to be achieved by 100 denominator). I need these sq. ft for pricing purposes as some of the component are charged as per sq ft.

Is there any way I can enter Alt UoM of 8-10 character and use it for pricing calculation without changing the field in Standard MARA table.

Thanks in advance,

Manu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please clarify, what do you mean by maintain 1000 sq ft. ? Also, some times one EA is also less than equal to 145 sq. ft.

thanks

Edited by: Munesh Kumar on May 12, 2008 2:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear mounesh,

Another alternate method is ,

Keeping in view that you are going to make sales order ultimately , your UOM of finished goods is in EA and pricing of the material will be done interms of sq.ft and this sq.ft can varry order to order or line item wise. If this is the requirement , please follow the below technique to calculate the value ,

Say order quantity is 1 EA and sq.ft is 147 . U click on Ext.dtl which is shown at the bottom right most and maintain your sq.ft value , 147 , in Pipe ex.batch no. field OIC_PIPE-OIC_PBATCH .

Write the prog in routine of pricing condition for alt cal method for calculating basic price based on per sq.mt which which is maintained in VK11 against the material in sq.mt UOM.

To do above things, take a help of ABAP er , I think this is slightly a tricky , without routine interfearence , i do not think it is possible as this is going to vary order to order .

Asssuming your requirement ,the above solution is given. If anything differs , please revert.

saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maunesh,

Maintain for 1000 sq.ft , means what ever you maintain in material master will be considered as 1000 sq.ft and maintain pricing for 1000 sq.ft .

Just try.

saravanan