Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain Log Deletion

former_member675976
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working in BI 7.0 environment.We have number of Process chain developed to extract data from R/3.

Process chain are running on daily basis from around last 2 years.

The problem we are facing is few of our old process chains are taking too much time for opening their log view.(current day execution log)

Even the RSPCM transaction is taking too long. Sometimes log view is giving time out error.

I am thinking this is because old logs of process chains are not getting deleted.

We don't need these old logs.Does anybody know how to delete these process chain logs?

We are also deleting the application log of BI but it is not deleting process chain logs.

Please help.

Regards,

Shubhangi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Shubhangi,

1. Goto SE38.

2. Run the program: RSPC_LOG_DELETE

3. Selection Parameters :

i) Process Chain Id (Give Process chain Id here)

ii) Delete From Date (Start Date from where u want to delete the logs)

iii) Upto and including Date (End Date till where u want to delete the logs)

Reward with Points if Helpful.

Regards

Hemant Khemani

former_member675976
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Hemant for the solution.

The Program is deleting the logs but still there is problem with some of process chain logs. They are not getting deleted and in that case our job of deleting process chain logs remains active for long time.

What might the reason behind this?

I want to delete all previous logs of all process chains .

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhangi,

I am not very sure about this.

But what you can do probably is when you are giving the From date and To Date in selections in the input, Try to give the interval slightly shorter. May be in your case since you said you are deleting the logs which are more than 2 years old, try to give date interval say 1-2 months. You can try this.

This is just a suggestion.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Hemant Khemani

Answers (0)