cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add jxl.jar (3rd party tool) to a DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have my DC where there is entire application.In that application in one view i am using fileupload.For that i want jxl.jar 3rd party tool.

Can anyone plese give me step by step procedure for adding this 3rd party tool to my DC

Regards

ChandraShekar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

You need to create an external library dc and use its public parts in the DC containing jxl.jar.

Suppose the MainDC which is using jxl.jar be MainDC.

Go to DC perspective in NWDS.. create a DC (type External Library) say jxlDC.

Now go to Resource Perspective in NWDS and u will find the ur jxlDC project open. Expand the project. Under the Libraries folder, paste the jxl.jar file. The jxl.jar file will be added under Libraries folder. Right click on that jxl.jar file-> Development Component-> Add to Public Part.

A popup window will open. Give a public part name say... public_jxlCompilation. Click the radio button (Provides an API for developing/compiling other DCs). Then Finish. This public part created is for compilation.

You need to create another public part of jxl.jar for Assembly purpose.

Follow the similar procedure... Right Click on jxl.jar->DC>Add to Public Part. give public part name public_jxlAssembly. But now click on the radio button (Can be packaged into other build results). Then Finish.

So now u have two different public parts of jxl_jar.. one for compilation and other one for assembly.

Now.. right click on the jxlDC project-> Development Component->Build.

Then go to webdynpro perspective where your original MainDC project is open. In the MainDc.. go to Used DCs->Add Used DC... Drill down to the public part of jxlDC... select both the public parts that you have created (ie for compilation and assembly).. select the dependency to ONLY Build Time.

Build your MainDC( right click on MainDC-> Development Component-> Build)... Do not use Project Rebuild option. Deploy your MainDC project.

Hope this would solve the problem.

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan Ghosh,

Thanks for your reply.The problem here is my NWDS version is 2.0.9.I dont have that ExternalLIbrary option to create a DC of ExternalLIbrary.

Could u plz suggest me any other alternative to complete my task

Regards

ChandraShekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekar,

Have u tried by externally adding jxl.jar from project-> java Build Path ?

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried in that way.When i add that jar to the build path and click DC->Deploy all the external jars added to the build path gets disappeared.That is not visible in build path..it is giving same error as class not found

Regards

ChandraShekar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ur issue has been resolved then kindly close the thread.

Regards

Surender Dahiya

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow thik for adding the external jar files .

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/5a/2e2f4234135433e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Thanks and Regards

Fazal B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is meant by creating public parts of type Assembly??How to create them??

what is the difference in two public parts of type API and SDA?

Regards

Padma N

0 Kudos

hi,

1. create external library dc project and add ur jxl.jar

2. create public part of dc

3. In ur dynpro dc project add sda of ext lib DC in used DC option

4. then deploy ur aplication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cant just add any external jar file into a DC project.

There is only one way to add a external jar file is by using external library project.

1.create an external library project type DC.

2. put your external jar file into its lib folder.

3. create its public part of type SDA...and API.

4. just use SDA public part into your webdynpro project as used DC.

4. and when you deploy your webdynpro project on server, this file will also get deployed... remember to use SDA public part..

Regards

Surender Dahiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

go thru this link..

GS