cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with NWDS 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have copied one web dynpro project through navigator and created a new project by pasting it. But when i try to deploy it, it gives the error: "Some of the elements could not be deployed". While the pre-existing

project, of which its a copy gets deployed successfully. How to resolve the error. Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of copying and pasting, I think exporting and importing the project would be a better option.

Regards,

Murtuza

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As this project already exists in the workspace, so its not possible to import a project with same name as it says a project with same name already exists. I just want to make another project which needs some changes in the existing one. To do that i have copied it through navigator and pasted there. it asked me for a new name and i gave the new name. Everything is same in both the projects except the name. But the problem is that its not getting deployed. Copying the component could be a solution but the models i have imported will not be copied. But it seems to be better than other solutions.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Create a new Webdynpro project and copy the src folder of your source project to newly created project.

Close and open the newly created project and then do the "Reload" the project. Now you can make changes in the new project.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

After copying the component all the mapping would be copied

model wont be copied that u have to create it again...

Mapping would be automatlically done by NWDS after u create the model.

Regards

Surender Dahiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vabhaiv,

Why dont u copy the whole component from web dynpro explorer to ur required project.Just try i think it will work....

regards,

Surender Dahiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhav,

AS you said that you copied the webdynpro project into NWDS by creating a new project, means you might have given the package name for the project.

One small question is are you able to build the project with out any errors.

Noramlly we have to make sure the name space.if it varying any view it would give a prblem.

please check the bottome rules..

Regards

Ratnam