cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upolad in a DC using jxl.jar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i uploded file using jxl.jar in an webdynpro application.i kept jxl.jar in lib folder

Now i am using DC in webdynpro.i kept jxl.jar in the lib folder.but i try to run the application it is giving as :jxl/WorkBook class not found error.

How to resolve this??

Regards

Padma N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi,

u can import the statement starting with jxl.

for example

import jxl.CellView;

import jxl.Workbook;

import jxl.WorkbookSettings;

import jxl.write.Label;

import jxl.write.WritableCellFormat;

import jxl.write.WritableSheet;

import jxl.write.WritableWorkbook;

import jxl.write.WriteException;

import jxl.write.biff.RowsExceededException;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i just followed the steps you suggested.But in some places it is giving that you have to create a public part of type Assembly..

can u plz tell me how to create a public part of type Assembly and is it require here to create a public part of type assembly to the jxl.jar which is added to External Library Dc which already had one public part which i created by right clicking on the jar->Dc->add public part

Regards

Padma N

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

hi,

u can refer the following blog for more information

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You Refere The Below Link.

/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas

Bye

Thanks

SubbaRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after adding DC properly just write the code in usual manner.

then it will show written statements in error just right click and do organize imports........

NWDS will handle it properly...........

Regards

Surender Dahiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After creating SDA the dependepncy should be runtime while adding public part to other DC.

0 Kudos

hi,

go to package explorer-> libraries and right click on jar file u get option in Development Component to create public part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin Patil ,

i opened package explorer and i copied jxl.jar in libraries folder.And by right clicking it showed DC->Add to a public part

I created public part of jxl in External Library DC.

Now i opend my current application DC ->DC MetaData->UsedDC ->Add UsedDC->LOcalDevelpoment->MyComponents->JXL(DC)->DC MetaData->PublicParts->jxl->Entites->jxl.jar

As mentioned above i selected jxl.jar .Now what should be the dependency type for making my application to get build and run sucessfully on the server

Regards

Padma N

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

When you create a public part of your library project create it as a SDA.

there are two types of public part API and SDA.

1.just add your SDA public part as a used DC.

2. and keep the dependecies as a runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi snehal kendre ,

By default the Build dependency is selected for Build an application.I selected Run time too and clicked finish..Now if i deploy the application will it work fine

Regards

padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i want to use this jxl.jar in my DC which is addded to the used DCs of my Application,how to use that in my code to upload data from an excel sheet.

Means how the import statement will be??

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u r using CE 7.1 then u have to use package explorer to create public parts of ur external library project(Window->show view->package explorer)

If using previous version then use java perspective with package explorer.

Regards

Surender Dahiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cant just add any external jar file into a DC project.

There is only one way to add a external jar file is by using external library project.

1.create an external library project type DC.

2. put your external jar file into its lib folder.

3. create its public part of type SDA...and API.

4. just use SDA public part into your webdynpro project as used DC.

4. and when you deploy your webdynpro project on server, this file will also get deployed... remember to use SDA public part..

Regards

Surender Dahiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surender Dahiya,

In the File Menu i selected and created new DC of type ExternalLibrary.The problem here is that newley created DC project of type External Library is visible only in the navgator view.It is not getting visible in the WebDynproExplorer to create public parts of that

can u plz help me out

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to add these external jars in a library DC and then expose a sda public part of this library DC. Add the public part of library DC as a used DC in your WD DC.

Regards,

Murtuza