cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXT_QUOTE_ID field being deleted and work around required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Experts,

We have a External Catalog Supplier who after creating a cart on their site, sends back the OCI fields including EXT_QUOTE_ID and EXT_QUOTE_ITEM, with values into the SRM Shopping cart.

However, if the Requestor changes the Qty in the SRM SC, these EXT_QUOTE_xx fields are cleared!

Now, is there a way to flag that when items from Catalog 'X' are used, fields incl QTY are NOT changable?

OR

How can i stop SC from Clearing these 2 fields?

Problem is Supplier requires these fields to pass in XML PO, otherwise it fails!

I'd appreciate your advice or solution to our problem.

Note: We are using SRM4.0 SP8 in Extended Classic Scenario

Note 889952 - Value in EXT_QUOTE_ID is deleted on ordering shopping cart - has already been applied

regards Adam

Edited by: Adam Bosna on May 12, 2008 8:37 AM

Edited by: Adam Bosna on May 12, 2008 8:55 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. You can use the BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI to change field status.

You can also check the catalog name in field IS_ITEM-CATALOGID which is passed into the BADI.

Regards,

Dave.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have to be a bit creative with BADIs.

As I see it - clearing the EXT_QUOTE_ID is standard SAP behaviour and correct standard behaviour at that, seeing that the quantity changed.

The way I would tackle this problem would be to:

1. declare 2 customer fields on shopping cart item level.

2. use BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER to copy the values from ext_quote_id and ext_quote_item to those customer fields, so you don't have to worry about clearing values anymore.

3. use BADI BBP_SAPXML1_OUT_BADI to replace the ext_quote_id and the ext_quote_item with the values from the customer fields.

I hope the XML badi is available in SRM 4.0 - and according to help.sap.com it is...

However it might not be the best solution as there will be a mismatch between the quote the supplier has saved and the order that is going to be send from your SRM system. So you might want to look at a non technical solution and tell your users to not change anything to do with the basic details when they create a shopping cart from that supplier.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I did have a thought along those lines, you could use the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to copy the values from the custom fields back into EXT_QUOTE_ID even.

I just thought that if SAP had created a note about the values being blanked maybe they were not supposed to and they could investigate.

If EXT_QUOTE_ID being blanked is correct behaviour then BADIs are the way forward.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That said.... Have you asked SAP about this via a customer message?

If there is a note for it that must mean it is not supposed to happen, so they should investigate it for you.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SRM 4.0 SP8 - In trasnaction SE18 - BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI -> under Interface tab, there is no method BBP_SC_UI_CTRL?

Does this mean that BADI is not available to use in SRM 4, to make fields display only in the Shopping Cart, based on the catalog they were selected from?

regards Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Sorry, you are correct, that BADI on SRM 4 does not have control for carts.

I can not find a similar one on SRM 4.

Can anyone else help with a BADI on SRM 4 that controls fields in the shopping cart?

Regards,

Dave.