balaji.t

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sridhar_muthekepalli3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

First Create Account groups for customers.

Then Create Number ranges for cutomer. For External Number ranges, Create Number ranges and select check box ext ,T.Code XDN1.

For Accounts groups - Financial Accounting (New)-Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable-Customer Accounts-Master Data-Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data-Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)

Refer to SAP Best Pratices about creating cutsomer account groups and customer number ranges

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/500/html/J03_FI_EN_UK.htm

Refer to Pqge no:11 in thsi documentation.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Assign points if useful.

Regards

MSReddy

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Balaji,

-->First you deside what are account groups you are going to use for Domestic customers and export customers and scrap customers and bulk buyers and one time customers.

>Go to the XDN1 transaction>click on Change intervals-->Insert intervals here you can define number range intervals according to your requirement for Domestic customers and export customers and scrap customers and bulk buyers and one time customers and check the EXT box because you want external number range.

-->You assign that number range NO to the respective account groups.

Now you can create Master data with external number to your customers.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

To add on to the above inputs, in transaction OVT0, you specify the number range for an account group.

Regards

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Balaji,

You can have it very simply.

Go to XDN1, create teh number range, tick the "external" tick mark.

Now you can go to tcode OBAR and assign the number range to your various account groups which are relevant for your domestic customer, export customer, scrap customer, bulk buyers etc.

Now while you create the customer master, u can assign the number to customer master.

Hope this helps.

Pls reward if thsi helps you