cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bapi to Bapi Wrapper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the steps to be followed to convert a standard bapi to a bapi wrapper. For e.g. if i have to convert BAPI_SERVICE_GET_DETAIL to a bapi wrapper.

Regards,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I assume that you are using Mobile 7.1.

Go to the transaction SODE_WB. Here, under Utilities->BAPI Wrapper WIzards, invoke the BAPI wrapper creation wizard. With the help of this wizard, provide the same structure names used in the BAPIs and the wizard will generate the required BAPI wrappers for you.

When you compare the BAPIs and BAPI Wrappers, you will find out that they are almost similar. Check the interface definitions also.

Now you can do either one of the following:

- Invoke your BAPI from the BAPI Wrapper (this is may be a slight additional overhead)

- Based on the interface definition of the BAPI wrapper, change the existing BAPIs

- Use the BAPI wrapper definition, and include the business logic (from the BAPI) into the BAPI wrapper implementation.

Also go through the developers guide in the following [NW Mobile 7.1 documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/8b/0b674240449c60e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm].

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Wenonah

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jaques ..

currently i'm working on MI 7.0 .

and the T.code SODE_WB does not exist here ...

is there any alternate way to convert standard BAPI to Wrapper BAPI ..

Please suggest ASAP as I'm in urgent need of it.

Eagerly waiting for ur reply.

and also let me know the purpose of Transactions : ME_WIZARD AND MEREP_SBUILDER.

Regards,

Suman.

Edited by: suman yerravelli on Jul 31, 2008 4:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think in your case it would be the best to go through the MDK dokumentation to see how the BAPI wrapper works as such.

It your case the conversion, explained above, is not necessary and so you do not have the relevant transaction.

MEREP_SBUILDER is the transaction to build the SyncBOs on the middleware.

First step you create two BADIs on the backend. One is the GETLIST handler. This one delivers you a list of items for this specific SyncBO. In ideal state it gives back a list of Keys of the relevant items. Then MI takes this list and calls the GETDETAIL handler in a loop to get the relevant informations for each item of GETLIST. So it is necessary to have both BADIs. It makes no sence to deliver all details in the GETLIST handler, cause this information is useless for MI. It takes the GETDETAIL badi anyway and uses only the imput parameters from the GETLIST there.

Hope this makes it a little more clear to you.

Regards,

Oliver