Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting error in mb1c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sap gurus,

I am geting the following error when i am using the transaction code mb1c,

when i try to save for posting of stock the system displays the following error.

Comparison of the field selection strings from movement type 561 and G/L account 799999 has revealed that there is an incompatible field selection combination at one or more points.

Field for which the field selection is different: Transaction Type

If the G/L account is correct, use the report RM07CUFA to compare the field selection for the movement type with the field selection for the G/L account and change the incorrect settings or the field status group of the G/L account.

Kindly advice me on this.

Divya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the tcode SA38 run the program RM07CUFA and in the screen enter

movement type

companycode

gl account

What the error message is telling you is that there is a mismatch in field selection between the mvt type and GL account.

Go to SE38. Run report RM07CUFA. Enter your company code, mvt type (561), special stock indicator (leave blank if you are just posting to normal stock) and GL account (16000).

On the 'Field Selection Comparion: Movement Type - G/L account' screen, you will notice the field 'Ext. GA amount in LC' highlighted in red (error). Basically, the field selection setting (suppressed, reqd, optional entry) is different for the mvt type and GL account.

Click on the 'Accnt Diff column' corresponding to this 'Ext. GA amount in LC' field and change the setting for this field from say 'suppresed' to 'optional' entry' (match this with the corresponding entry for the mvt type). This should fix the error.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

U get this error when there is incompatability of fileds in movement type and GL A/C.

Run program "RM07CUFA " in SE38 and enter movement type 561 (enter Spl Stock indicator, if u have used in MB1C) and GL account.

Click on "Error log" tab to see which fileds are causing the problem and correct them.

Reward ponits if helpful.

Thanks,

Venkat