cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving Local Web Dynpro project from Dev to Prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a scenario where there is a small application to be developed. And m the only developer to work on it.

I need to a create local web dynpro project for the same and deploy it to the deveopment server. and test it here. However, the client for whom i am developing this service, is based somewhere else. How do i deploy this local application on his production server?

I dont have JDI architecture here. Can i achieve this without JDI? and How? Which is more feasible - using JDI or not in my case ?

Regards,

Apeksha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot. Have provided the points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Genrally, it is recommended to work with JDI. But, as you said you have only project that needs to be deployed then you can change the server settings in your NWDS and make it point to the production server.

Windows>Preferences>SAP J2EE Engine--> <details of your remote production server>

NOTE: You should have sdm password to deploy this applicaiton.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But wht if i also want to keep the application there? Can i zip the project and move there ? how will i proceed ahead then? how will i deploy there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you deploy the application on the production server, you would have access to this application and you can export your project as a zip file in case you need it as a backup.

Regards,

Murtuza