cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

This is Ramesh ,How r u? I have some doubts in smartforms,pls clarify me.

Thanks in advance.

1. what is diff btw 'Template & Tables' in smartforms?

2. How can you say smartform is client independent?

pls give answers to these Q's.

Bye.

Ramesh M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

1) for Dynamic data printing we can go for Tables.

for One time printing of data we can go for Templates.

2) When you create an object in SCRIPTS, the same cannot available in Test Client, so this is Client dependent. i.e., the script is available in which you have developed it. Transportation is required to get it in test client.

Smartforms, once you create they are available in both Development and Test Clients. So they are Client independent. No transportation is required to send them to Test client.

thanks & regards

Kishore Kumar Maram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kishore.....

this is ramesh muttamsetti....i got a good answer from u...thanks.By the by may i know who is this..bcoz i have cousin Satish Maram(ur initail )..may i know where r u from?

bye.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Difference between Table and Template:

Tables and templates have several things in common. For example, they are both designed with the Table Painter, and they use different line types.

1. The most important difference between them is how their layout is determined:

The precise layout and the length of tables can only be determined at runtime, depending on the type and the number of records read by the application program from the database.

2. Template layouts, however, are completely defined in the Form Painter. This means that the type and the number of their cells cannot be modified at application program runtime.

3.You therefore use templates primarily for pre-printed forms, like checks or taxforms.

Smartforms are client independent becoz when the smartform is activated it generates function module (we know that function modules are client independent).. thus smartforms are client independent.

thnx

sravani.

Plz reward for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sravani......i got very good answer from you.

Thanks a lot...

bye.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ramesh,

table and templet are the two tabler formates in smartforms

tables are dynamic means it can extend in exicution,

templets are static means these are not extend these are arange for fixid location for ex for headings and small logos perpose.

another one more question from u r side smartform clint indipendent means if u create smartform in 200 client this same smartform u can see and use in another client in the same server with out transportation.

for more clarification see this site www.saptechnical.com ---> why for smartform clint indipendent and script clint dependent.

Enjoy SAP,

sri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) when you know the printing data before then we will go for templates..

when you dont know and printing dyanamically we will go for Tables..

2) when you execute a smartform it will generate a function module...FM's are itself known as client independent...................

Rewars if it is useful..........

Regards,

Anand.