cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attach a network to several WBS elements`

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all,

i would just like to ask if its possible for a standard network to be assigned to several WBS elements? this is because i have a Standard WBS structure with elements having similar activities, i wonder if i could just create a single network then assign them to SEVERAL WBS elements and not just one.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign activities of a network to several WBS but you cant assign single network to multiple WBS

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To assign the standard network Activities to multiple standard WBS elements please follow the procedure below:

1. Go to Tcode :CN02 (If the network is already created with CN01 or else create with Tcode CN01)

2. Select the Network in question.

3. hit F5, this will take you to the standard network Header.

Assign the WBS Element where this network header should be asisgned.

4. Hit Shift+F1, this will take you to the screen where internal, external activities can be entered. Please select the relevent tab. And enter all the activities.

5. By default all the activities are assigned to the WBS element mentioned in the Network header, this can be seen by scrolling little right in the same screen under the column standard WBS Element.

6. Pick the column Standard WBS element and drop it next to Operation short text.

7. Now identify the activities to which the different WBS elements need to be assigned. Either select them from the list or you may refer to Tcode. CJ93.

Hope it is clear now.

Reward points if found useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am agree with Shree just go and check in Tcode cj20n ,you can assign network to single wbs only but activities u can assign to multiple wbs.

Rgds

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, i would just like to ask how do i attach activities of a network to SEVERAL standard WBS elements?

Edited by: Emmanuel Guidote on May 12, 2008 5:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you want to assign multiple activites of single standard network to multiple standard WBS. In that case goto CN02, enter your standard network and goto Total tab. Here you can do the assignments in column Standard WBS.

If you are looking for something else, please let me know.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..thanks for your speedy replies. however what i want to do is to assign a set of standard activities to several standard WBS elements. for example i have Activity 1, Activity 2, Activity 3 under network 1000.. also i have a standard WBS structure with WBS1-1, WBS1-2, WBS1-3.. can i possibly assign all 3 standard activites(Activity 1, Activity 2, Activity 3) to the 3 WBS elements(WBS1-1, WBS1-2, WBS1-3)? currently i can only assign the activities to only one WBS element but i wonder if its possible to attach the activities to many WBS elements.. Thank you again..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case my earlier reply should solve your problem. Let me know if you face any issues.

Regards