cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change transfer for Plants and DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I create a plant, ""TP" in R/3 and CIFed over to APO. A location with the name "TP" with location type 1001 is created in APO. I changed the DRP node assignment to DC and expected to transfer the changes immediately as the integration model.

But the location type in APO is not changed. There are no blocks in APO or R/3 SMQ1 and SMQ2.

I created another plant in R/3 with the name TP1 and assigned the node type DC in SPRO>DRP and then CIfed over to APO. Now in APO, a location with name TP1 with location type 1002 is created in APO.

My questions are

1. How does the change transfer for Locations work? Do the changes get transferred to APO?

2. Even in CFC9, I don't see a selection for Locations. There are options for Vendor and customer but what about plants and DCs?

Do we need to delete the model and create a new one to get the changes transferred?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

To change the location type of a plant in SCM APO, you must delete it and reactivate the integration model from ERP system. How to delete a plant with location type 1001 in SCM APO:

- You run the transaction code /SAPAPO/LOC3.

- Fill in the field location with your desired location and click button Change.

- Set Deletion Flag in the Administration section and Save.

- Go Back then go to menu Extra and choose Delete location and choose Immediate.

Your plant will be deleted at once.

Hope it useful to you.

Danny Pham

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need to delete APo's entry and then try

Former Member
0 Kudos

you dont have to delete the integration model

just set up a job to regenerate and activate the models and delete the old ones(optional)

1. Create a new version of the corresponding integration model (report RIMODGEN).

2. Activate the new version (report RIMODAC2, set the radio button Activate Newest Version).

3. The system automatically sets the old version as inactive.

4. The system does not transfer all of the data in the new version to SAP APO. Only the differences between the old and new version (delta information) are transferred.

5. Optional: Delete the old version of the integration model (report RIMODDEL).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the reply. I did all what you said and I still don't see the plant TP1 changed to location type 1002. DO I need to run the report /SAPAPO/CHANGE_LOCTYPE to complete the change?

No queue blocks in SMQ2 in SCM as we are using Inbound queues....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi visu

the steps were for any change you make except the location type.... as in the first part... location type is an attribute and is not transferred again

so pl try using the report to do that.... its a one time thing i hope...

Former Member
0 Kudos

though the initial location type from ECC is defined and transferred , the location type does not belong to the location table key (The location type is a key field in the /SAPAPO/LOCMAP table, but only an attribute in the /SAPAPO/LOC table.)

in order to change the location type in APO use report /SAPAPO/CHANGE_LOCTYPE