cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota in absolute percentage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to propagate demand from source to destination in terms of absolute percentage and not the standard way where the quota is followed as ratio if the total does not sum to 100%.

Eg:

Depot D1 source from S1 and S2 a total demand of 100 in percentage 20% and 30% respectively as defined in quota arrangement master data.

As per standard behavior demand will be propagated as 40 to S1 (2/5) & 60 to S2 (3/5).

I want the demand to be propagated as 20 and 30 to S1 & S2 respectively.

Can anyone help with some standard setting or user exit to achieve this requirement or any other option.

Thanks

Sanjog

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you had a demand of 100 and you have 20 and 30 as absolute, how would you allocate the rest of the 50?

quotas are normally in percentages.

in order to get the absolute numbers you can try to place a demand at the destination for that value and get the source to meet that demand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your reply, see in my example I have taken sample values and 20 & 30 is propagated as absolute percentage and not in ratio as per the standard SAP behavior.

I want to propagate in absolute percentage as this is sort of min business commitment in terms of percentsge of requirement. The rest 50 will be propagated to the most cost effective source either using optimiser or CTM.

I can create stock transfers manually but that will require lot of preprocessing. I wanted to kno if this can be done in some standard way or using any of the user exits.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would drive the demand based on the availablity and the demand in DP where you will ahve more control and drive this through the supply chain

so if you had 20 and 30 as demand in KF(A) for Loc A and B you had Total Availabilty of 100 as KF(B), you can set up some macros that do the quota arrangement

You can use an auxillary KF to store the 20 and 30 and calculate how to distribute the remaining and get the new numbers. This can then be released to SNP.

A bit of logic there should go into the macros but i would prefer that arrangement to leaving it to SNP or quota arrangement with user exits. Depends on how much you got to distribute it to...and assuming your location is mapped in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I dont have DP system to release demand to SNP its an external system. Also how many key figures should I create since my source can be more than two also, isn't their any user exit which will take quota as absolute percentage and then do the calculation.

Thanks,

Sanjog