cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Webdynpro question - Action button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am newbie and trying to get a grip of WebDynpro-Java. I am trying out some basic examples and I am stuck with an issue. I create a action button and its action fire an outbound plug, but for whatever reason this action does not gets fired when I click the button. It does that only if I make this View a default View. But as soon as I am out of the default view, buttons stops working. I get the "In Progress" icon and it stays there for ever. I put some traces in the onAction methods and understood that it is not going there. When I make this view a default view (Properties -> default as true), this button works. Any idea what I am missing here? This happens for other UI controls like DateSelection too, the buttons on these control just hangs with the InProgress icon displayed. Highly appreciate any help. Thanks so much !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys for replying. I guess the problem was I had firefox as my default browser and every time I run the app from studio it was launching firefox and looks like it is not supported. It works in IE though. Even the administation portlets behave the same in firefox. Thanks guys !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

As per your blog which ever view you keet as a default view it would get displayed once you deploy your application.

here the thing is once you go out of the current view your button wont gets work because it wont reach to its original state once you back to the same view.

And one more thing is on clink of the button it is taking you to another view right.so give the out bound plug with Back action from second view to first view.

Even if it wont works you have to keep some code for the same in order to resolve the isssue..

regards

Ratnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are changing the dafault property of this view to false then there would be some other view that you are setting as default to true. So, it seems that there is some problem with your other view. Just, try to look into the wdDoModifyView() of your second view, there might be some code written into it that might be resulting into a loop.

Regards,

Murtuza