Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secuirty Check on authorize users to perform shipment creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I implement the check for user authorization to perform shipment creation - VT01N?

For example, if users from warehouse 100, he or she should not have access to any warehouse outside of 100 series. How I can implement that?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

What auth objects are already set as defaults in SU24 for that transaction? One of them may have warehouse as a restrictable field. I don't have SAP in front of me at the moment but it would be the first place I would check.

If there is no joy then you have a few options, speak to a developer to see if there is an enhancement point they can use to put in some additional code, speak to functional consultant to see if there is a config switch to force a check, develop an alternative manual control etc

0 Kudos

I've had a quick look in SAP. There is no default check on Warehouse. Looking in SU24 there is an inactivated check on V_LIKP_VST which contains Shipping Point. If these are configured to tie in with warehouses then you could change this to Check Maintained (which should activate the check if it is in the code) and restrict that way.

Otherwise using an enhancement point to put in an additional auth check is an option.