Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection option between user menu and SAP menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on ERP 2005, and our user menu is grayed out, based on OSS note 380029,I' globally activated the relevant menus for users in table SSM_CUST

with the following parameters:

ALL_USER_MENUS_OFF = YES (or 'X')

SAP_MENU_OFF = YES (or 'X')

However the user menu still grayed out!

Does this has to be done through auth object?

Thanks

Osama

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Osama,

The menu is not blocked by authorizations, only in SSM_CUST.

Actually if you delete the record "ALL_USER_MENUS_OFF" from ssm_cust the menu should be visible as this entry only has a meaning to block the user menu.

Are you sure you're testing this with a user that actually has a menu through role assignment?

(and that there's nothing special configured for this user in USERS_SSM?)

hth

Jurjen

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on May 11, 2008 10:51 AM

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Osama,

The menu is not blocked by authorizations, only in SSM_CUST.

Actually if you delete the record "ALL_USER_MENUS_OFF" from ssm_cust the menu should be visible as this entry only has a meaning to block the user menu.

Are you sure you're testing this with a user that actually has a menu through role assignment?

(and that there's nothing special configured for this user in USERS_SSM?)

hth

Jurjen

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on May 11, 2008 10:51 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

I was testing with user who has the menu through role assignment, however setting the value of ALL_USER_MENUS_OFF to yes or X did not change the user menu appreance.

Just to confirm to make the user menu avaliable I have to delete the record "ALL_USER_MENUS_OFF" from ssm_cust ?

Thanks

Osama

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Acutally this did not work , deleteing the entire key ALL_USER_MENUS_OFF form the table SSM_CUST the user menu still unavailable , nor did the custmization of the table USERS_SSM.

Thanks

Osama

0 Kudos

> Just to confirm to make the user menu avaliable I have to delete the record "ALL_USER_MENUS_OFF" from ssm_cust ?

You'd have to either delete the entry or leave it empty. It defaults to 'no', "do not block the user menu". Putting 'yes' or 'x' there will block the user menu.

My SSM_CUST entries on (minisap) SAP NetWeaver 2004s are:

CUSTOMER_MENU_OFF 'empty'

SAP_MENU_OFF 'empty'

And with these settings I can see both the user menu and the SAP menu.

I actually do not know why this doesn't work for you. Hopefully one of the forum members has a good idea....

Jurjen